The Student Room Group

URGENT! A2 WJEC media studies coursework ideas please!

I'm currently trying to come up with ideas for what to research/investigate for my media coursework and it's driving me insane not finding anything! I've literally spent so much time trying to find something and it's getting to the point where I want to cry.

I did have something but looking into it, I couldn't think what I'd actually put other than basic stuff.

I want to something like posters or music videos because TV and film are too long.

There are two other people in my group whose proposals are:

Explore the representation of feminism in Beyoncé's new album

Explore the narrative structure of two Disney films (Snow white and Brave) and how it influences the portrayal of women [I think]

My teacher came up with those for them but kind of blanked me and told me to go watch a film which did not interest me at all.

SO PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE! Give me ideas either what you're doing/done or suggestions.
It's got to be either about representation, genre or narrative.

(The representation of women in two music videos would be good but I don't know what two music videos)
Reply 1
Anyone got any ideas
Original post by _saarahh_
Anyone got any ideas

I'm doing the same thing I think. Mine is to explore why/how young celebrities have changed their image because of the media. If you aren't ruling out TV completely then you could do advertisements, such as cleaning products like Mr Muscle and how women are represented in those situations. They are typically associated with cleaning, staying in the home, being unable to do jobs that men supposedly can do as Mr Muscle comes to the rescue, etc. For music videos you could choose to look at rap/hip hop videos from a feminist viewpoint. Hope this helps a little :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by aprilllauren
I'm doing the same thing I think. Mine is to explore why/how young celebrities have changed their image because of the media. If you aren't ruling out TV completely then you could do advertisements, such as cleaning products like Mr Muscle and how women are represented in those situations. They are typically associated with cleaning, staying in the home, being unable to do jobs that men supposedly can do as Mr Muscle comes to the rescue, etc. For music videos you could choose to look at rap/hip hop videos from a feminist viewpoint. Hope this helps a little :smile:

Thank you so much :biggrin:

Good luck with your coursework :smile:

Quick Reply