The Student Room Group

John Lewis Partnership Graduate Scheme 2015

Seeing as there's no thread for this and applications have opened up I thought I'd start one.

I'm applying for the Merchandising graduate scheme...maybe I'm wrong but I think they've changed the format? I thought you had to pass each test before taking the next one and only after these have all been passed could you complete the application form.

Basically I've done all the tests and I've not been made to wait inbetween each one. Does this mean I've passed them? :confused:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Blaq_widow
Seeing as there's no thread for this and applications have opened up I thought I'd start one.

I'm applying for the Merchandising graduate scheme...maybe I'm wrong but I think they've changed the format? I thought you had to pass each test before taking the next one and only after these have all been passed could you complete the application form.

Basically I've done all the tests and I've not been made to wait inbetween each one. Does this mean I've passed them? :confused:

Hi! I'm not sure, the format seems to have changed this year (I did some research on previous years). I'm sure they'll contact you soon with an email? I'd take it as a good sign! :smile:

Just wondering, did you have to do the all tests one after the other, or do you do one and then you can log out and then complete the others at a later time or as soon as you click 'start test' does it do all the tests in one go? Also, how did you find the tests? I'm a bit worried about the numerical one!

I'm sure you did really well, just wait for an email (I know the wait is horrible but hang in there!)
Original post by C_A_P
Hi! I'm not sure, the format seems to have changed this year (I did some research on previous years). I'm sure they'll contact you soon with an email? I'd take it as a good sign! :smile:

Just wondering, did you have to do the all tests one after the other, or do you do one and then you can log out and then complete the others at a later time or as soon as you click 'start test' does it do all the tests in one go? Also, how did you find the tests? I'm a bit worried about the numerical one!

I'm sure you did really well, just wait for an email (I know the wait is horrible but hang in there!)

After each test it brought me back to the main application menu and then had a link to complete the next test, so you can do it as and when you're ready. I just wanted to get them out the way :redface:

I wanted to know as I'll be working through the application form and I wondered if they could turn around afterwards and say 'actually you didn't pass the tests' and reject the application.

As for the tests, usually I find verbal reasoning quite easy and struggle more with the numerical. This verbal reasoning test was actually more challenging with the timing and amount of text you had to read so being a good skim reader helps. You have 45 minutes for the numerical test which seems a lot but it starts off fairly easy and gets harder towards the end so again keep an eye on the time.

What are you applying for?
Reply 3
After each test it brought me back to the main application menu and then had a link to complete the next test, so you can do it as and when you're ready. I just wanted to get them out the way :redface:

I wanted to know as I'll be working through the application form and I wondered if they could turn around afterwards and say 'actually you didn't pass the tests' and reject the application.

As for the tests, usually I find verbal reasoning quite easy and struggle more with the numerical. This verbal reasoning test was actually more challenging with the timing and amount of text you had to read so being a good skim reader helps. You have 45 minutes for the numerical test which seems a lot but it starts off fairly easy and gets harder towards the end so again keep an eye on the time.

What are you applying for?

Thank you so much! I want to get them done too, just didn't want to start and be bombarded with all of the tests at once!

I know what you mean. It will be so annoying if you put time into the application just to be rejected due to the tests. I'd pressume you would have got an automatic email if you didn't pass/wouldn't be able to progress onto the next stage? But I have no idea to be honest! Just keep positive and start the application form :smile:

I'm applying for the Buying scheme.
Reply 4
Hi, I'm also applying for the Buying Graduate scheme 2015. How have you found the online test so far? I think from reading past messages you on,y get through to fill out the application form if you have passed the previous tests.

If this is the case well done, and good luck.
Reply 5
Original post by C_A_P
Thank you so much! I want to get them done too, just didn't want to start and be bombarded with all of the tests at once!

I know what you mean. It will be so annoying if you put time into the application just to be rejected due to the tests. I'd pressume you would have got an automatic email if you didn't pass/wouldn't be able to progress onto the next stage? But I have no idea to be honest! Just keep positive and start the application form :smile:

I'm applying for the Buying scheme.

Just thought I would let you both know that I have spoken with someone from recruitment and they don't allow you to go onto the next stage without passing the previous assessment! So congratulations for getting as far as you have already :smile:
Original post by L_A_Z
Just thought I would let you both know that I have spoken with someone from recruitment and they don't allow you to go onto the next stage without passing the previous assessment! So congratulations for getting as far as you have already :smile:

Thanks for that :smile: It's a relief because I was dreading the tests!

I found verbal reasoning pressurising time-wise and the numerical test increased in difficulty as it went along.

Good luck guys on your apps for buying :wink:
Hi, I've just completed the numerical test, I was wondering does anyone know if there is still a time limit of about 2 days to complete the next one or can you do it whenever you can (before december)? Hoping it doesnt have to be in in 2days!
Good luck everyonex
Reply 8
Has anyone hear back after completing the online tests? I have done the personality or values based, then the numerical and I just finished the verbal. not sure if I still have more tests to do or I have to wait to hear from the if I passed to carry on?
Reply 9
Hi, I've just completed my online tests for the Finance Graduate Scheme. I found the numerical test to be fairly reasonable, but thought the verbal reasoning was easy, as I usually struggle with this aspect. I've just been invited to complete a 'management judgement indicator test' but have no idea what to prepare for with this one, any ideas?
Good luck everyone! I managed to make it to the merchandising assessment centre for February this year but failed (boo!)

Still, seems like a great company to work for!
Reply 11
Hello,
I wondered in your application after the personality test, did you complete the aptitude tests straight after? Or did you have to wait for an email to be invited?
Original post by Grad15
Hello,
I wondered in your application after the personality test, did you complete the aptitude tests straight after? Or did you have to wait for an email to be invited?

I was able to access each test immediately after and didn't get any emails. It should tell you the status of your application on the main menu.

Which scheme are you applying for?
Reply 13
I was able to access each test immediately after and didn't get any emails. It should tell you the status of your application on the main menu.

Which scheme are you applying for?

Thanks! I'm applying for the Buying scheme! I've don't the multiple questions and numerical test, now just about to do the verbal reasoning one eek! I always struggle more with the verbal reasoning!
Reply 14
Original post by RobboAcc
Hi, I've just completed my online tests for the Finance Graduate Scheme. I found the numerical test to be fairly reasonable, but thought the verbal reasoning was easy, as I usually struggle with this aspect. I've just been invited to complete a 'management judgement indicator test' but have no idea what to prepare for with this one, any ideas?

Hi, they say with the management judgement one you cannot really prepare. The best advice I could think of is read through what they expect of candidates and what they value in their graduates, this gives you an idea of how the Partnership works etc. Its a reasonable test just seeing how you deal with certain situations. Hope this helps. Good Luck :smile:
Reply 15
Hi,

I'm applying for the buying scheme as well. What are the application questions like at the end? Are there many of them?
Original post by Grad15
Thanks! I'm applying for the Buying scheme! I've don't the multiple questions and numerical test, now just about to do the verbal reasoning one eek! I always struggle more with the verbal reasoning!

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Original post by kps0302
Hi,

I'm applying for the buying scheme as well. What are the application questions like at the end? Are there many of them?

I applied to merchandising but I can't imagine they'd differ too much...after the job history there weren't that many questions to answer but make sure you understand the buying function well and what it means to be a successful buyer.
Did anyone get an email confirming they recieved the application form? I just submitted mine and all I can see is that it says youre application will be considered, on the communication centre. :s-smilie: I've been trying to email the recruitment team for the last week with no response!
Reply 19
Hey guys i applied for the retail managemdnt scheme 10 days ago. Did my online tests and then the competency questionnaire. Last week they emailed me that they need my gcse english and maths grade. They said i could update them on the communication centre or reply to that email. The email was from a no reply address so replies not getting through and i cant update my application theres no option to do it. I emailed the recruitment team but havent heard from them. They said if they dont receive my grades thheyll cancel my application in 7 days which will be this friday. I dont know what to do...

Quick Reply

Latest