This discussion is closed.
Ahollisan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
can you believe that art piece on David Beckham sleeping it so surreal. i'm for christ's sake leave the man alone i sleep but know one wants an art piece done on me. I think that people should just leave him alone and stop being fasinated by him.
what do you think of David Beckham then.
SpAnIsH_fLy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Isnt it there because he agreed on having it put there?...plus think how much they would have paid him to do that.
Ahollisan
Rep:
?
yeah but why ask him in the first place his really not that great.... besides he doesn't really need the money, and i wonder if he ever gets tired of seeing his own face.
boxersarecool
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
he didn't get paid for it, the National Portrait Gallery just said he will be alongside Queen and other historical famous figures and he agreed to do it.
Ahollisan
Rep:
?
ok then. but still do you think his getting to big for himself or do you think i'm being 2 hard on him?
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
well then he agreed to do it....
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
IT'S NOT ART!!
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Unfortunately it is. You just don't like it that's all.
No it's not. It's just a video that's blagged its way into a gallery. And I never said that I don't like it. I just don't like it being called 'art' when it isn't.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah but pretty much anything can be considered art.
...which really p*sses me off! This kind of thing shouldn't be considered 'art'. It does have its place but to say its on a level with the work of classic artists and composers is insulting. It's basically 'who's got the most original and bizarre idea?', which is fine - and some of the ideas are quite impressive, but it's not (or shouldn't be) put into the same league as real art.
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yes I agree. Its partly the skill that someone's put into a work that makes it impressive for me.

There's a thread about this sort of thing somewhere here called 'modern art'. I was saying on that, if you've got a statement to make, why not just say it instead of making some poor excuse for a piece of art to express it? Could be because the things the artists have to say aren't really worth listening to, so they con us somewhat.
Yeah, I got a bit het up on that thread. Saying the same thing as you. Just because it's different it doesn't mean it's good!
Dr. Blazed
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Amb1)
No it's not. It's just a video that's blagged its way into a gallery. And I never said that I don't like it. I just don't like it being called 'art' when it isn't.
Have you actually seen it ? :rolleyes: Or any of Sam Taylor Wood's work ?
Amb1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dr. Blazed)
Have you actually seen it ? :rolleyes: Or any of Sam Taylor Wood's work ?
I have to admit it doesn't appeal to me. I'm not saying that all modern 'art' is crap, I just think it's so seperate from classic art and that they shouldn't be lumped together into the same category.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (43)
7.75%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (43)
7.75%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (132)
23.78%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (75)
13.51%
No, nothing has changed (174)
31.35%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (88)
15.86%

Watched Threads