The Student Room Group

Guys, do you really find intelligent girls attractive?

As a girl I find witty and intelligent guys very attractive.
It is not that I am trying to put one sort or girl down. Lots of girls have many different arrays of qualities that make them attractive to guys.
My question is more relating to the fact that 'smart' appears to be seen as an unattractive quality in girls, hence many seem to want to dumb themselves down.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes if they are also hot:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Don't find it attractive, though I'd enjoy the conversation.
A*A*A*AA

Gal
MASTER RACE.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If I find a girl attractive I don't care whether she is dumb or smart. Just as long as we can have a conversation.
Original post by missfats
A*A*A*AA

Gal
MASTER RACE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are way too hot for me:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah it is one of the qualities I find attractive
At least you can have a proper conversation with them

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not at all a factor. Although conversational skills, being down to earth and not stuck up are components.

Not related but my heart melts to a girl who is selfless.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by toonervoustotalk
You are way too hot for me:sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Y u always flirt wid moi?

Si, eres el hombre ^^*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Y u always flirt wid moi?

Si, eres el hombre ^^*

Posted from TSR Mobile

O have forgotten my French from two years ago
Translation please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by toonervoustotalk
O have forgotten my French from two years ago
Translation please

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Spanish lol.

I said yes you are the man. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's Spanish lol.

I said yes you are the man. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OK cool
Let's stop detailing this thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Smart is nice but not smarter than me :colonhash:
Original post by -maddy-
It is not that I am trying to put one sort or girl down. Lots of girls have many different arrays of qualities that make them attractive to guys.
My question is more relating to the fact that 'smart' appears to be seen as an unattractive quality in girls, hence many seem to want to dumb themselves down.

Nah, I prefer my girls to be dumb :colone:
I don't class it as a factor so I'm not fussed
Yes I do. I'll probably never attract one, though, due to my stupidity. :frown:
Yeah, absolutely. I do think intelligence and engagement and wit are all really attractive qualities. For that matter, if someone says something I think is really vapid, that's a very significant turnoff for me. Like, aside from straight-up prejudice, pretty much the be-all and end-all of turnoffs.
Yes. If a girl in unable to hold an intellectual discussion than she is not for me.

Girls acting dumb is manifestly unattractive.
Original post by -maddy-

If the girl is hot and smart then yes, absolutely. If you think guys don't like that then you're looking in the wrong place, haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the brand of 'intelligence' that she practises is one where she could easily overlook me then, no, it's not a be all and end all.

Unless she is some Dorothy Parker-like quick talking gal, she can take her brand of intelligence elsewhere.

It seems to me that girls who consider themselves intelligent don't even massively like intelligent males unless they are the mirror image of them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending