The Student Room Group

Best masters for magazine journalism

I currently work for a magazine publishing house in India and am looking at applying for my masters in magazine journalism in the UK. City, Cardiff and Sheffield are my top three choices, but I would like to apply to a few more.

Are Bournemouth, Westminster, Newcastle and Nottingham Trent considered good for their magazine masters programs?
Reply 1
Original post by amanda p
I currently work for a magazine publishing house in India and am looking at applying for my masters in magazine journalism in the UK. City, Cardiff and Sheffield are my top three choices, but I would like to apply to a few more.

Are Bournemouth, Westminster, Newcastle and Nottingham Trent considered good for their magazine masters programs?

Hi Amanda,

Whilst I haven't studied this exact course at Bournemouth, I did study the BA in Multimedia Journalism (2007-2010) and I'm now studying an MA at Bournemouth in Video Editing, so I have a lot of experience of the Media department at Bournemouth University.

The journalism at BU has a really good reputation, and I went into work straight away after graduating. The staff were so knowledgeable and a lot of them were still working as journalists, so they knew exactly what was going on in the industry.

MA study at BU has also been fantastic. The MA community is strong and there is a high level of international students, which I find to be great as you can meet people from so many cultures and backgrounds.

I'd be happy to answer any more questions about Bournemouth Uni, the journalism courses or MA study :smile:

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending