The Student Room Group

Too late to start boxing?

Yo.

Want to start something like boxing but is 22 to old to start or can you start any age?

Not bothered bout having fights in shows or that however.
BUMP?
Original post by SlenderMan1992
Yo.

Want to start something like boxing but is 22 to old to start or can you start any age?

Not bothered bout having fights in shows or that however.

Holy ****, have people on this forum just completely lost the ability to use their own brain?

If you want to give boxing a go then join a club. Nobody will give a **** about your age unless you make it an issue. If you go along mouthing off about "oh look, aren't I way too old to do this" then you'll get a load of **** about it, but if you don't then not a single person will give a damn about your age.
It's not an issue man. I did mma and people would show up to boxing classes of all ages. If anything learning the basics while you're older could be a benefit. You won't pick up bad habits because you're taking it more serious.
I have started with Martial Arts at 20. That's why I think, no its not too late. Of course, its better to begin as early as possible, but 22 is not an Armageddon.
Original post by mackemforever
Holy ****, have people on this forum just completely lost the ability to use their own brain?

If you want to give boxing a go then join a club. Nobody will give a **** about your age unless you make it an issue. If you go along mouthing off about "oh look, aren't I way too old to do this" then you'll get a load of **** about it, but if you don't then not a single person will give a damn about your age.

word.
Reply 6
not to late...look at Bernard Hopkins...didnt start boxing until he went to prison, got out of prison at 23 and lost his first fight! He's now 49, still fighting, a world champion, and fighting Kovalev this weekend.
Original post by SlenderMan1992

22 isn't too late, I know a guy in his 30s that has just started, you can be any age, no one cares.

Just make sure before you start, you have basic fitness IMO.
Never to late. There are chaps who are in their 50's at Martial arts clubs I have been too. 22 is still very young.
No, it's definitely not too late. A trainer at my gym started boxing at 27, became a pro a couple of years later. He mainly did it for the money, as at the time pro heavyweights got at least £1000 per fight, but he wasn't bad, and his best ranking was 14th in the UK.

You should definitely start!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest