OCR G543 thread, is this right? Watch

_anon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have a B question on forensic psychology to answer for homework on evaluating the methodology used when investigating interviewing suspects and I'm unsure if what I've wrote so far is right. So far I've got:

'One limitation of the methodology used to investigate interviewing suspects is that it often uses a restricted sample and so may not access a wide enough section of the target population to show true information regarding interviewing suspects. Mann et al used 99 (mostly male) Kent police officers when investigating police officers’ ability to distinguish between truth and lies during police interviews with suspects. This is a problem as there is no way of knowing whether the results collected in Mann’s study show officers’ ability to detect lies in areas outside Kent and therefore, the research is not representative to other police officers and so is lower in generalizability. However, Mann selected a sample of police officers as he aimed to test police officers’ ability to detect lies and therefore, the research could be seen to be more representative giving it greater population validity as it is measuring the officer’s ability to detect lies. Overall, this means that researchers need to be careful when using interviewing to gather evidence that may lead to a conviction as the sample size used in the investigation into interviewing suspects may not be representative enough to determine whether or not police officers have a good enough ability to detect whether a suspect is lying or telling the truth.'

And then I need to do one strength?
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Mon, 7 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads