Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I read that unis are less lenient on deferred entries, and I really want to get my firm choice and have a gap year. So I was wondering if I should apply for next year, but when my results are out and they've accepted me (even if I just miss the requirements) I should ask them to move it to the year after. Would they be likely to do this? I really want to get into my first choice and have a gap year. Help, I don't know what to do.
[email protected]
Badges: 9
Report 6 years ago
Apply for a deferred entry this year and see if you get your offer at your first choice (What is your first choice and to study what??) and if you dont get an offer then just apply next year when you know your grades.
loperdoper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on your university.
Bristol will give higher offers to students with deferred entry, as they don't want to disadvantage students who will apply in the next cycle. Other places treat deferred and current applications equally, and some places favour deferred places in order for you to get relevant work experience.

Really, I wouldn't worry. If you don't get your dream uni this year, you're always able to re-apply in the next cycle! (this is most of why I'm not panicking about my application too much)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads