Friendship loss making me depressed

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Recently one of my childhood friends has just started ignoring me. We are at university at opposite ends of the country and we used to talk for hours. I did ask her something just casually and she turned out to be offended by it. I didn't know it and later apologised. Now whenever she came on Facebook chat and I tried to speak to her she would go offline but still be active, then she blocked me. I text her but get no reply. I have been crying a lot and I can't focus on my work. I have decided to give up on talking to her for now but its just so hard. I really am trying to forget about her and just embrace the friends and lifestyle I have now and also try hard to do well this year at university but this is getting in the way of everything. I keep randomly crying for long periods of time. Help me, I don't know how to get over this friendship. I don't think I can ever be happy again
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
More infortmation: I know this sounds really over exaggerated but she hasn't talked to me in a month so it's unlikely she will ever talk to me again at least not for a very long time. The thing is what I asked her wasn't meant to be offensive but she evidently took it the wrong way and even after I apologised she started ignoring me and making it clear she doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I've known her since we were kids and that's why it's hard to just let go and try to stop contacting her. I have had suicidal thoughts too.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
Someone please give me advice. No rude comments please
KadeK
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Importantly,please please PLEASE talk to the Samaritans if you're feeling suicidal. Sometimes people need an outlet to get all the bad stuff out. 08457 90 90 90 is there number. Don't let your feelings simmer and affect you to the extent where you want to harm yourself.

I suspect you had issues in your friendship beforehand for her to have exercised such an extreme reaction to a misunderstanding. Were there any problems beforehand? Also, knowing what the misunderstand was could help give the situation more clarity, but of course don't feel any pressure to disclose this.

In my opinion, and whilst it may not seem like it now, you dodged a bullet. Yes you may have spent some lovely times with this friend, probably told her things you've never told anyone else, but for someone to act so cowardly- that's not a secure basis for a friendship (evidently).

Focus on your studies- I'm presuming you've chosen the course because you have an interest in it (and not forced into it by your parents?). If you are interested, then re-ignite that interest and do well. In addition, get out with other friends and meet other people too.

I also suspect that you need to increase your self-esteem and how you feel about yourself. Look into your university's counselling service. You'll soon realise you have things going for you (e.g. your education)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.77%
No (502)
66.23%

Watched Threads