The Student Room Group

Year 11 Work Experience

Hey,

Wondering what work experience I can get in year 11?

Did some research but not much available other than JP morgan?
http://careers.jpmorgan.com/student/jpmorgan/careers/europe/schools/workexperience_bournemouth

If anyone has done this programme, can you let me know what you were involved in doing and whether you thought it was worth it?

I am interested in Economics so anything Economics related is good!
Reply 1
Original post by Xphoenix
Hey,

Wondering what work experience I can get in year 11?

Did some research but not much available other than JP morgan?
http://careers.jpmorgan.com/student/jpmorgan/careers/europe/schools/workexperience_bournemouth

If anyone has done this programme, can you let me know what you were involved in doing and whether you thought it was worth it?

I am interested in Economics so anything Economics related is good!

Last year I done a week in HSBC which was really good - learned a lot in the offices. I done mine in Reading, where I live and it's one of HSBC's biggest branches so you could look into that - I believe Barclays do something similar
Reply 2
Original post by TomAyy
Last year I done a week in HSBC which was really good - learned a lot in the offices. I done mine in Reading, where I live and it's one of HSBC's biggest branches so you could look into that - I believe Barclays do something similar

Also if you want to know anything about it just say, but I can't go into the detailed aspect as I signed a disclosure agreement thing
Reply 3
Original post by TomAyy
Also if you want to know anything about it just say, but I can't go into the detailed aspect as I signed a disclosure agreement thing

I Understand. Can you tell me what sort of things you did there?

Administrative?
Job Shadowing etc.
And were you the only Work experience person there?
Reply 4
I Understand. Can you tell me what sort of things you did there?

Administrative?
Job Shadowing etc.
And were you the only Work experience person there?

- There was quite a lot of hands-on work and quite a bit of mathematical and analytical work such as PESTLE
- There wasn't too much shadowing but I did talk to people at different job positions which was interesting
- Yes I was the only one there doing work experience but everyone there is really nice and friendly. However multiple people do the work experience just at different times.
Reply 5
Any other places such as Accountancy firms that offer programmes for year 11 that involve more than being Coffee/tea boy?
Reply 6
Any other places such as Accountancy firms that offer programmes for year 11 that involve more than being Coffee/tea boy?

I went more towards the banking route but just search around looking through their websites and something should pop up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending