Will Homesickness Ever End? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi,
I've moved to uni (about 2 hours away) and been here just over a month. I am naturally a homebody and I'm really struggling being away from home. I love my course, and as its health I'm there 9-4 4 days a week, so fairly busy. I am really struggling at the weekends and when I have nothing to do, and I talk to friends and family every day. Everyone says it will get easier but I feel like its not, and no signs of getting easier. Anyone else in the same boat or have any advice? Thanks
Prince Kael'thas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,
I've moved to uni (about 2 hours away) and been here just over a month. I am naturally a homebody and I'm really struggling being away from home. I love my course, and as its health I'm there 9-4 4 days a week, so fairly busy. I am really struggling at the weekends and when I have nothing to do, and I talk to friends and family every day. Everyone says it will get easier but I feel like its not, and no signs of getting easier. Anyone else in the same boat or have any advice? Thanks

It will end just hang in there. My homesickness lasted for the entire first year and I wanted to drop out despite me getting the highest grades.

Looking back now I think I could had gotten over the homesickness sooner had I stopped talking to my family almost everyday and stopped returning home every weekend for the first year.

Keeping busy is the best solution for you though.

Good luck. And hang in there it gets better.
AimeeEllen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (233)
27.48%
No (615)
72.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed