The Student Room Group

Economics Degree, will these A-Levels be ok?

Hi, I'm thinking of doing an economics degree. The current AS levels I'm taking are; AS Economics, AS Statistics, AS Geography and AS English Language. I intend on taking them all through to A2. How do these sound to you? Will they be ok A-Levels for an economics degree?
Many Thanks :colondollar:
u need maths for most good econ courses. econ at uni is basically applied maths
Reply 2
Maths is needed for Economics at higher rated unis; as to the statement that Econ is just 'applied maths', it depends on what course you're applying to; BSc courses are more maths focused, whereas BA courses (with the exception of Durham and Oxbridge) are more focused on essay writing.
Reply 3
I'm doing AS Economics AS maths AS business AS computing.
MATTTTTHHHHHHSSSSS

needed.
Maths instead of Statistics or English Language. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Anonynous
u need maths for most good econ courses. econ at uni is basically applied maths

Really? I personally thought statistics would have been more helpful than mathematics, that's why I chose it. Would stats not be accepted by Uni's as a good enough math qualification for the course then?
Original post by Tyler1409
Really? I personally thought statistics would have been more helpful than mathematics, that's why I chose it. Would stats not be accepted by Uni's as a good enough math qualification for the course then?

maths gen > stats but i doubt it would be discounted
Do Maths with S1 instead of Statistics. Stats may be accepted, but you'd be better off with a Maths A-level.

Quick Reply

Latest