The Student Room Group

Lack of prospects.

Has anyone else resided themselves to being single for the rest of their lives?
I'm hurtling towards 30 and all I have is a drying singles pool and the fat munters in the puddles that internet dating has to offer. This provides me with heaps of disappointment, of which I can't get enough of.

I don't see the point in bothering at all with men I don't find attractive. 'Settling' is a recipe for disaster. But singledom is just...****.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I resent everyone my own age who is in a relationship, is married, and/or is cohabiting with their partner. If they have a mortgage together I resent them even more.

Goodnight.
Reply 2
Original post by Minimum_Wage
I'm hurtling towards 30 and all I have is a drying singles pool and the fat munters in the puddles that internet dating has to offer. This provides me with heaps of disappointment, of which I can't get enough of.

I don't see the point in bothering at all with men I don't find attractive. 'Settling' is a recipe for disaster. But singledom is just...****.

I resent everyone my own age who is in a relationship, is married, and/or is cohabiting with their partner. If they have a mortgage together I resent them even more.

Goodnight.

Have you ever been in a relationship or relationships? If so how long did it or they last?

What do you do for a living i.e. do you work somewhere where you meet lots of guys?

How do you normally meet guys?

Are you open to the idea of dating someone younger than yourself?
Reply 3
Original post by jay2013
Have you ever been in a relationship or relationships? If so how long did it or they last?

What do you do for a living i.e. do you work somewhere where you meet lots of guys?

How do you normally meet guys?

Are you open to the idea of dating someone younger than yourself?

1 6 month relationship.

I don't.

Yes.
Reply 4
1 6 month relationship.

I don't.

Yes.

Then that what needs to change!

For example, do you have any hobbies? If so perhaps you can join a club where you live? Not just to meet guys but to also befriend people. You can then invite these new friends to a house party and they could bring along their single guy friends :wink:

It may seem like a lot of work but eventually it will pay off.
Reply 5
Original post by jay2013
Then that what needs to change!

For example, do you have any hobbies? If so perhaps you can join a club where you live? Not just to meet guys but to also befriend people. You can then invite these new friends to a house party and they could bring along their single guy friends :wink:

It may seem like a lot of work but eventually it will pay off.

There are no 'clubs' like that. The point is, people mid twenties onwards, are mostly in serious relationships, or married with or without small children. People my age actually have LIVES (Work, partner, children, family) and thus don't need to join some crappy 'club'. Not that there are any 'clubs' that aren't entirely populated by retired people.

If you're still in your teenage years or early twenties, then beware of this, because you can't go back in time.

Anyway, I'm currently a part-time student. I've also tried three times to sign up for college courses, all of which were cancelled due to lack of interest.

Goodnight.

You still love me though, right? You don't resent me, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Yeah dude
You still love me though, right? You don't resent me, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I resent you and your cosy life.
I resent you and your cosy life.

Lol, just because you have a girlfriend or boyfriend. don't mean you have it all good, trust me dude or dudette

Posted from TSR Mobile
It must suck being the only single person in the entire country. You know for a fact that there are literally no single men between the ages of 25 and 50 in the UK. None at all. I can see why you find that upsetting.
Original post by cole-slaw
It must suck being the only single person in the entire country. You know for a fact that there are literally no single men between the ages of 25 and 50 in the UK. None at all. I can see why you find that upsetting.

I kinda sense sarcasm here, hmmmmmmmmm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe you need to improve some things about yourself and make yourself a more viable partner.
If you want the best you've got to be the best.
Original post by Jebedee
Maybe you need to improve some things about yourself and make yourself a more viable partner.
If you want the best you've got to be the best.

Yeh I should find a vocation so I can meet a better calibre of men. By the time I arrive at this stage I'll be 30 something and even less physically attractive. Oh and the singles pool will be even smaller.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cole-slaw

Repped.

But you're so wonderfully judgemental... why aren't people falling at your feet? :daydreaming:
Original post by Freudian Slip
But you're so wonderfully judgemental... why aren't people falling at your feet? :daydreaming:

Why would I have a relationship with someone I don't find attractive?
Why would I have a relationship with someone I don't find attractive?

I don't find plenty of people attractive, I don't feel the need to tar them all as being 'fat munters' just because they aren't my type, olols. If you don't like the idea of online dating, it'd probably be a good idea to get out more, see if you can't find someone of your standard.

Don't worry. .All you need to get a partner is look good and be in social situations or not even that! !! Just look and feel good & confidence for yourself. Love yourself then allow someone else to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freudian Slip
I don't find plenty of people attractive, I don't feel the need to tar them all as being 'fat munters' just because they aren't my type, olols. If you don't like the idea of online dating, it'd probably be a good idea to get out more, see if you can't find someone of your standard.

If the majority of people on online dating sites are fat and ugly, it's fair enough to call them fat munters.
If the majority of people on online dating sites are fat and ugly, it's fair enough to call them fat munters.

You appear to have an unattractive personality; work on yourself. :thumbsup:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending