The Student Room Group

Withdrew my studies... SF, maintenance grant... Confusion!

Hi guys, I really need your help.

I enrolled at my Uni on the 15th of Sept and withdrew from studies on the 19th due to personal issues. My Uni understood and asked if I would like to suspend my students instead but I declined and opted for a gap year for now, given my circumstance.

I got a letter from the student loans saying they are aware that I have withdrawn and will stop all payments. But I already got my first Maintenance grant in my account. I haven't touched it as I'm scared haha! I obviously got it whilst I was enrolled at the Uni, but now that I have left, it's no longer my money right? I know they will not give me anymore money, but what happens to the cash that's already in my account?

Also, will I be charged any fees? I mean I literally only went to Uni for a day (really sad, I know) before I had to leave. So surely I won't be expected to pay anything myself? I'm just so confused.. Please help!

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Ahelpinghand
Hi guys, I really need your help.

I enrolled at my Uni on the 15th of Sept and withdrew from studies on the 19th due to personal issues. My Uni understood and asked if I would like to suspend my students instead but I declined and opted for a gap year for now, given my circumstance.

I got a letter from the student loans saying they are aware that I have withdrawn and will stop all payments. But I already got my first Maintenance grant in my account. I haven't touched it as I'm scared haha! I obviously got it whilst I was enrolled at the Uni, but now that I have left, it's no longer my money right? I know they will not give me anymore money, but what happens to the cash that's already in my account?

Also, will I be charged any fees? I mean I literally only went to Uni for a day (really sad, I know) before I had to leave. So surely I won't be expected to pay anything myself? I'm just so confused.. Please help!

Thanks in advance!

you'll most likely be expected to pay most of the maintainance grant back as it was given for the whole semester.
Original post by jelly1000
you'll most likely be expected to pay most of the maintainance grant back as it was given for the whole semester.

okay it's all there and I won't be touching it... so that's fine by me!
Original post by Ahelpinghand
okay it's all there and I won't be touching it... so that's fine by me!

good plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending