The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

You make no sense lol
Original post by Octopus_Garden
The previous thread was rather less an issue of men maturely saying, "I don't think I have what it takes to be a stepfather, so I wouldn't date a single mother" and more an issue of some posts being actively contemptuous towards men who were willing to be stepfathers. Such posts were couched in such general terms as to also include adoptive parents in their derision.

It's fine to not be attracted to others. It's rather less fine to condemn others for dating people you don't want to date. That's just... odd.

But hey, if you want all your fellow men to want exactly the same women as you, that's your wish. :wink:
Original post by Secretnerd123
You make no sense lol

I was replying to Scrot on page 1, from a device that crashes if I try to quote. :angry:
I was reading a few posts on the thread titled 'would you ever be with a single mother' and some of the posts on there sickened me. A few of the seemingly stupid posters said single mothers are worthless and some even went as far as saying they're only good for sleeping with and nothing else. One even 'advised' the females on tsr to 'avoid' becoming a single mother or our life will be crap and nobody will want us. Seriously, how old are you people? You can't just avoid being a single mother. Nobody plans to be a single parent. There are so many unforseeable situations which force them to raise their kids alone (like their partner passing away or cheating etc.). As a person who was raised by a single mum, I know the amount of sacrifices they need to make and they don't receive nearly the amount of respect they deserve from society :mad:

anyway thats all I have to say. Feel free to discuss this post

yeah tsr users are about 80% weird pathetic neeky and very sheltered losers so who cares what they think
Original post by Scott.
I don't really want children, and definitely wouldn't want one that wasn't mine. It's not hard to find someone that hasn't been pregnant before. I don't know why anyone in our day and age wouldn't have an abortion if they were a single mother. FYI my mum was a single mum.

maybe cos they want a kid you judgemental twit
Probably because they don't like the thought that if they got into a relationship with a single mother that they would have to take care of a child that wasn't theirs nor had any interest in. They are basically just immature.
Original post by SirMasterKey
Probably because they don't like the thought that if they got into a relationship with a single mother that they would have to take care of a child that wasn't theirs nor had any interest in. They are basically just immature.

Hmm i guess so
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
So you think it's pathetic to provide a fatherly figure for a child who doesn't have a loving father? I think that's downright charitable and very admirable. I'm sure there are a lot of kids in this world who are grateful for the fact that they got a second chance at having a dad.

Aye, I love my stepfather. He married my mother when I was in my early teens, and he's a wonderful man. He makes my mom happy, and I now have a younger sister, and he's always been good and kind to me and refers to me as his daughter (and I tend to call him my dad instead of stepdad).

He's definitely not some weak, pathetic person like some people on TSR make stepfathers out to be. I have a lot of respect for him and for all the other stepfathers and stepmothers out there who have enough love in them not only for their partners, but also for their partner's kid(s).
Original post by Kittiara
Aye, I love my stepfather. He married my mother when I was in my early teens, and he's a wonderful man. He makes my mom happy, and I now have a younger sister, and he's always been good and kind to me and refers to me as his daughter (and I tend to call him my dad instead of stepdad).

He's definitely not some weak, pathetic person like some people on TSR make stepfathers out to be. I have a lot of respect for him and for all the other stepfathers and stepmothers out there who have enough love in them not only for their partners, but also for their partner's kid(s).
PRSOM
Thanks for your input :smile:
I agree 100%

Btw does your neice's son have those health problems brcause of the asdault inflicted on your cousin whilst she was pregnant?

No, but he has Reynauld 's syndrome, very uncommon in children. His circulation in his hands and feet is affected by cold and they go white. The pain is excruciating because of lack of adequate blood flow. The house has to be kept well heated at all times but my niece gets very little support for heating bills despite her son being classified as disabled.
I look down on them and for the most part i generally have nothing to do with them on a business or social level
Original post by matthewduncan
I look down on them and for the most part i generally have nothing to do with them on a business or social level

Why?
Aww thats so sad :frown:
Original post by Helen_in_Ireland
No, but he has Reynauld 's syndrome, very uncommon in children. His circulation in his hands and feet is affected by cold and they go white. The pain is excruciating because of lack of adequate blood flow. The house has to be kept well heated at all times but my niece gets very little support for heating bills despite her son being classified as disabled.
Original post by Strawberrycayk
You beat me to it :laugh:

Rrr :sexface:
Original post by ForgetMe
Rrr :sexface:

You agen
You agen

Erm, do I know you? Who are you? What is wroooong with youuuuu?! :hmmm:
Original post by ForgetMe
Erm, do I know you? Who are you? What is wroooong with youuuuu?! :hmmm:

U iz everywhere
U iz everywhere

I am everything :colonhash:
yo bumping this ish
No, I have no sympathy for single mothers who force fatherhood onto men who don't want to be fathers. Most of them are selfish, irresponsible idiots who know they get government handouts. I'm glad society is tough on them. Unlike the disabled, if you're abled enough to spread your legs, you're abled enough to get an education and a job.

A nuclear family is the best thing for children, and you progressive feminists have ruined that.
Reply 59
I have more respect for single fathers. My father raised the 3 of us with no input from my mother for the last 13 years.