Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Delete
Precious Illusions
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by parry_93)
Okay, not really an everday issue, so it's my 21st next month and my dad is asking me what I'd like.

I have absolutely no idea what to ask for what so ever. So what did your parents / you ask for your 21st.

My dad said it needs to last. And not given me a budget etc.

A few things;

I don't wear jewellery of any sorts or watches.
I can't drive but he's going to give me his old car when he buys a new one next year.
I got a laptop two years ago so it's not that old.

I was thinking of asking for some new clothes. A few tshirts/sweaters etc that are around £30-50 each. But clothes don't last really.

Any ideas would be nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's my 21st too and everyone was asking me what I want etc and I had absolutely no idea! Eventually settled on a tablet (will save me having to print a **** load of handouts for uni) and a new pair of GHDs as my old ones are about 7 years old now. Both things that'll last me a long time. I don't see the issue with asking for clothes though, rather that than something you don't need/really want I guess?
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I never actually got a 21st birthday present :emo:

My mother asked what I wanted, I didn't know - don't ask don't get. So make sure you ask for something!!

I don't know much about women's clothes but what about a leather jacket? They last a while and seem to come into fashion fairly regularly. A pair of dr Martens might be an idea, kinda expensive but once they're worn in they're comfy as hell and will last years.
parry_93
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
I never actually got a 21st birthday present :emo:

My mother asked what I wanted, I didn't know - don't ask don't get. So make sure you ask for something!!

I don't know much about women's clothes but what about a leather jacket? They last a while and seem to come into fashion fairly regularly. A pair of dr Martens might be an idea, kinda expensive but once they're worn in they're comfy as hell and will last years.
I got a leather jacket last year.

I like Docs but don't know if I can cope with the pain of breaking them in and in my dads words 'I've got enough shoes already'
yennibubs
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ask them to fund your driving lessons?
A nice winter coat/boots?
Or any clothes is fine I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (866)
80.11%
Leave (215)
19.89%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed