Hello everyone, wanted to post about upcoming event in Manchester:
The Rethink Rebuild Society in Manchester will hold a conference on 17 October: ‘Syrian Conflict in Regional Crises: Complications, Implications, and the Way Forward’.
This conference represents a critical forum through which policy makers, NGOs, academics and activists can together identify and discuss the most appropriate British domestic and international policy towards Syria in light of current research and developments on the ground, specifically the emergence of IS (formerly ISIS) and the impact that this will have on British domestic and international policy, as well as action by the international community. Conference speakers include Dr. Christopher Phillips (Queen Mary, University of London), Dr. James Pattison (University of Manchester), Asim Qureshi (Research Director of CAGE Prisoners), Anas Al Abdah (Syrian National Coalition), and Raffaello Pantucci (Royal United Services Institute).
The conference deliberations will focus on the following themes:
· The situation in Syria: misconceptions vs. realities
· The emergence of IS (formerly ISIS): British jihadists, media coverage, and national policy
· Where is Syria heading? Decoding the future of Syria and the region
· Is British policy on the right track?
· The role of the international community
Further conference information and registration can be found at conference website: syrian-conflict.eventbrite.co.uk