The Student Room Group

Name the best book to film adaptations

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Larissa14
i didn't like in how to kill a mocking bird they missed out the fire, I thought that was a key scene :angry:

Fair enough. Still loved the film though.
Original post by Marco1
Fair enough. Still loved the film though.

Other than that I thought the film was good, it's been the only black and white film I have watched :colondollar:
Gone girl was absolutely amazing
Reply 83
Trainspotting!
Original post by Sword25
Trainspotting!

Agreed! I've said this before on this thread but I'd be quite happy to talk about this film all day, it's one of my favourites of all time.
Reply 85
The lotr- despite leaving out so much of the huge books
But best of all: the shawshank redemption from a short story by Stephen king of a name I can't quite remember...
The fault in our stars is I think the only film that missed out nothing from the book, the shawshank redemption is also an amazing movie

Posted from TSR Mobile
Simple Harry potter!
Original post by cxy955

But best of all: the shawshank redemption from a short story by Stephen king of a name I can't quite remember...

The shawshank redemption and Rita Hayworth/hope springs eternal

I couldn't agree more. I had no idea it was a story until I came across it in a charity shop (it was one of 4 stories in this book called different seasons). I had been planning to watch the film so I bought the book and read it first. The differences between them didn't annoy me but rather made the film more suitable for being well, a film.
Fight club - bloody brilliant; edward norton is a brilliant narrator and where is my mind is a brilliant song. I read the book after seeing the film (I didn't know it was a book when I watched it) and I will say that a few things are a lot clearer in the book, like marla's role in the whole thing.

Lotr obviously although I hated that they made Faramir look bad for a while, I loved the parts with him and frodo &co and he was one of my favourite characters. Elijah's frodo is a much less likable hero than in the books but it's not as bad as Radcliffe's butchering of Harry Potter.

The basketball diaries - from the book of the same title which is the real, edited version of this junkie writer jim Carroll's diary ages 13-16. The film is a very simplified version of the book but it's still great and it stars 90s Leonardo Dicaprio :smile:
Best: Lord of the Rings
Worst: the Hobbit
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe :love:
Sense and Sensibility and Ladies in Lavender both have really good film adaptations.

Original post by ConnorRed
Best: Lord of the Rings
Worst: the Hobbit

Ageed - they ruined it. :cry2:
The Reluctant Fundamentalist because it was a bit of a twist from the book. My favourite book, We Need to Talk About Kevin, was turned into a film and whilst it was good and had seriously amazing actors, it was too similar to the book.

Quick Reply

Latest