The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Does anyone else hate England?

Scroll to see replies

Love the place. Great music, humour and the BBC. Let the self loathing types move to NZ. Yip yip.
Reply 161
I cant stand the dump and i am english so what does that tell people. Im ashamed that i come from this ******** of the earth. The government's useless the queen's an inbred lazy ***** that does nothing but makes it look like the hardest job in the world (that's class at it's very ****ing finest). Then we get people on benefits moaning that immigrants are taking all the jobs from the british who weren't even interested in them in the first place. Just a place where rich and the damn lazy make excuses for themselves. I'll never understand these ********s that say they are proud to be english they're too stupid to even know why they are
I agree and disagree. I just got back from living a few months in Italy. Italy is completely corrupt and no government infrastructure works at all. The hospitals are dire, the quality of care is virtually nil. That said, coming back to England the people here are so up themselves, repressed, health and safety, pursed lips- I miss the Italian
Original post by Jeff locke
I agree and disagree. I just got back from living a few months in Italy. Italy is completely corrupt and no government infrastructure works at all. The hospitals are dire, the quality of care is virtually nil. That said, coming back to England the people here are so up themselves, repressed, health and safety, pursed lips- I miss the Italian

Why not go back or go and live somewhere that is better for you?
We're just overcrowded in England tbh. Traffic is always horrendous, air is never clean, you can never escape the rumble of engines on a main road or the whine of jet engines in the sky. Wales and Scotland on the other hand feel desolate by comparison. You can go an entire day walking around in Welsh hills without even hearing a plane or a car. You can't go a minute in England.
Original post by Chillaxer
And want to emigrate. For various personal reasons, I've come to the conclusion that I hate the place. I'm not expecting utopia anywhere, I'm not an idiot. But there's something I've encountered with authority, and power, the way I think this country is corrupted and people are so inculcated, the way it will never change whilst seeming progressive on one level, and the way it will sap joy and humanity out of your life.

I alos think there's a generational war too, and the disciples of Thatcher, the generation above me, seem to want to bleed everyone dry.

Very miserable place.

Every country has its problems but I've lived in a few places and I would say England is pretty decent. Good services. Friendly even tempered people. Decent moral values for the most part. Relatively low corruption, at least in low level matters. You never realise how lucky you are until you've had to wait 6 hours and been made to pay a ransom for your passport. Obviously the weather is the big problem but when we get a good summer like this one I love living here.

A lot of people mention USA and Canada and the one I'd choose is Canada. Workers rights in the US are basically zero. 2 weeks holiday. No thanks. Canada is very much like Britain but the winters are crazy hard. Do you enjoy chipping ice off your driveway for half an hour every morning? Your average brit would have to toughen up. Australia is getting way too expensive in desirable areas. New Zealand is nice but isolated. I'm happy where I am.
People throw words hate or nazi too easy nowadays. It really blurs the meaning of these words.
This is an old thread, but no.

It's coming home
Original post by Chillaxer
And want to emigrate. For various personal reasons, I've come to the conclusion that I hate the place. I'm not expecting utopia anywhere, I'm not an idiot. But there's something I've encountered with authority, and power, the way I think this country is corrupted and people are so inculcated, the way it will never change whilst seeming progressive on one level, and the way it will sap joy and humanity out of your life.

I alos think there's a generational war too, and the disciples of Thatcher, the generation above me, seem to want to bleed everyone dry.

Very miserable place.

England, like all Western White countries, is controlled by Rothschild Zionists by means of high taxes, fake news, control of the emergency services, media and government, an education system designed to produce good workers rather than good thinkers,and White Genocide.
"Where ever go... There you are"
I'm interested in British culture, but first of all, I love the English architecture, both the style and how all the buildings each district and city fit to each other.

If I manage to move to the UK, I would be considered an 'architectural migrant' :biggrin:
Reply 171
I hate living in this city
Do honestly people believe in the American dream? That's a myth, USA is a **** hole, plain and simple.
I find it annoying that when there are people out in the world with real problems there are some entitled people with easy lives and in a tolerent country complaining about everything. Considering there are places with dictatorship (North Korea), people being banned for showing their religion (France/ Denmark),women being stoned to death and gay people being illegal and and killed (Russia). If you want to leave then fine it will allow the country to bring people in with real hardship and discrimination like Syria who will appreciate the benefits of living in England.
Original post by InPrivate
I find it annoying that when there are people out in the world with real problems there are some entitled people with easy lives and in a tolerent country complaining about everything.

Generally agree, except for some details

Considering there are places with dictatorship (North Korea)

Dictatorship isn't bad by default. To name, Ataturk's Turkey.
Even Kaddafi's dictatorship was much better than the present state.

, people being banned for showing their religion (France/ Denmark)

As far as I know, it's still legal to wear hijabs there, so you're wrong.

Motorcyclists were not allowed to wear full-face helmets when going inside the gas station or to the bank, why then should someone be allowed to cover her face?
They must learn to live in a modern society or go away.

,women being stoned to death

Among other reasons, that is why they must learn.
I like what it was, I like what it could be. But at the moment society is wholly morally corrupt and quite disgusting. But England (And the UK) is the most glorious country in the world, History that puts many countries to shame, Achievements that have not been rivaled by other countries and in the end becoming the biggest sacrifice ever, we gave up everything to save Europe/The World two times and we got so little out of it.
Original post by AperfectBalance
I like what it was, I like what it could be. But at the moment society is wholly morally corrupt and quite disgusting. But England (And the UK) is the most glorious country in the world, History that puts many countries to shame, Achievements that have not been rivaled by other countries and in the end becoming the biggest sacrifice ever, we gave up everything to save Europe/The World two times and we got so little out of it.

Agreed. Wait for the England haters to try to tear you apart (and fail)
Original post by Andrew97
Agreed. Wait for the England haters to try to tear you apart (and fail)

They cannot tear apart fact and history.
How'd ya'll like England now? If you're still banging on about how great it is then I'm guessing you're fortunate enough to be one of the haves and not one of the have nots. Just look at the state of the place, turning down people with cancer pip, all in a desperate attempt to claw back the disaster Treasa May has put the country in. Forget anywhere else in the world you can't get out now!
only thing I hate is secondary.

Would prefer to be in HS.

Latest

Trending

Trending