Are you doing Geography 'A2' level. Watch

jmannu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,

If anyone is an 'A2' level Geography student out there, I wanted to start a thread on what sort of decisions people are making in regards to going on to study geography at University level?

For example the drivers and barriers in deciding to go on to study Geography at University level? i.e. why you would want to carry on studying geography and apprehension you may have in choosing to study geography at university level?

Also happy to answer any questions you may have on going to do Geography at university.

Thanks,

Joe
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
bethabbott
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jmannu)
Hello,

If anyone is an 'A2' level Geography student out there, I wanted to start a thread on what sort of decisions people are making in regards to going on to study geography at University level?

For example the drivers and barriers in deciding to go on to study Geography at University level? i.e. why you would want to carry on studying geography and apprehension you may have in choosing to study geography at university level?

Also happy to answer any questions you may have on going to do Geography at university.

Thanks,

Joe
I've applied to do different courses, with my firm being Geology with Ocean Sciences at Plymouth and I got my offer a few weeks ago! My other choices are: Geography @ Leicester, Geography @ Sheffield Hallam, Geography and Ocean Sciences @ Plymouth, Earth & Ocean Sciences @ Brighton... Picked these courses because jobs are easy to get with a Geography/Geology degree and I have a huge interest in Geology but due to my choices I couldn't apply to many places.
JustHoping
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I've applied to study geography (Bsci) at Cambridge, Bristol, Durham, Exeter and Edinburgh. I did Maths, Physics, geography and philosophy at AS and dropped physics for A2

Do you have any idea how many case studies i'll need per topic in A2? I have four topics and if i use in detail all the ones I have now i will have 4o case studies a topic and i cannot remember 160 case studies :/
subject1
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
40 CASE STUDIES ARE U INSANE :O. I do AQA and we have to do 3 topics in the exam but we learn 4 modules.

Here are some tips
- Learn fewer case studies, but learn them WELL - not 160 which will just be name dropping
- Only learn them if you need to - so with Plate Tectonics for the effects of volcano/earthquake learn one for LEDC one for MEDC. Learn a small one by the side.
- With landforms there is really no point learning case studies for each, namedropping will be fine.
- Try to find case studies which fits with two sections. e.g. Curitiba can be used for transport/waste/planning sustainability, as well as how it reduces pollution through sustainable transport, moving heavy industry out.
-

Tell me which topics you are doing and I will give tell u the case studies I am using
JustHoping
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[E=subject1;52020207]

Tell me which topics you are doing and I will give tell u the case studies I am using[/QUOTE]

I think my teachers are evil
Earth hazards
Mass movement
Flooding
Earthquakes
Volcanoes

Climatr hazards
Hurricanes
Tornadoes
High pressure systems
Low pressure systems
Acid rain

Dont know about the other two yet

Thanks!
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you doing AQA or if not what board are you doing??
subject1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JustHoping)
[E=subject1;52020207]

Tell me which topics you are doing and I will give tell u the case studies I am using
I think my teachers are evil
Earth hazards
Mass movement
Flooding
Earthquakes
Volcanoes

Climatr hazards
Hurricanes
Tornadoes
High pressure systems
Low pressure systems
Acid rain

Dont know about the other two yet

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Are you doing AQA, if not what board are you doing
JustHoping
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing OCR
jose1234
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LZDNF5W

sry for disturb, above is my survey link , it's for my uni project , your time and help are very much appreciated. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (34)
14.11%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.71%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.75%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (34)
14.11%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.45%
How can I be the best version of myself? (72)
29.88%

Watched Threads