The Student Room Group

People who've never been in a relationship should never try to give advice...

Poll

People who've never been in a relationship should never try to give advice.

Agree or disagree?
Disagree. My advice hasn't really changed since being in a relationship.
Grey area. What's the advice about? Does it concern how people should conduct themselves in a relationship, or how they should conduct themselves regarding other people? People who have never been in a relationship can give very good advice about how to treat people decently, and that's not exclusive to non-relationship circumstances.
Reply 3
disagree
Disagree; I may have always been single but I've played spectator enough to give decent advice, maybe not as good, but good enough.
Disagree. But they shouldn't act like they know it all.
Reply 6
Completely disagree. It's more the second opinion that counts for anything imo. My friend that gives best relationship advice has never been in a proper relationship lol
Disagree.
Disagree - a lot of my advice comes from observing what is and isn't healthy in relationships.
Well everyone is in a relationship of some form. I assume you mean a romantic one.

It's obviously personal opinion, but I would suggest that it's difficult to give relationship advice full stop. Unless you've been in that exact situation, with that exact person then it's difficult to give good, accurate advice beyond the obvious. There's so many variables, so much is context dependent, etc, etc.

In general though, no I wouldn't. Would you take advice on how to speak Spanish from someone who's never learnt a language?
Disagree
Ahh, few most people seem to be disagreeing, I'm free from scrutiny :banana:
Why would you need personal experience to know something? You don't have to shoot yourself in the leg with a nail gun to know it's a bad idea. As long as you have common sense, then it's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending