Make Your Mark on: Mental Health - vote online

Watch
UKYP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago

1. 1 in 10 children and young people aged 5 – 16 suffer from a diagnosable mental health disorder. That’s around three children in every class.
  2. Between 1 in every 12 and 1 in 15 children and young people deliberately self-harm.
  3. Nearly 80,000children and young people suffer from severe depression.

Problems with young people’s mental health have become an epidemic, so it’s no surprise that we see it featured on this year’s Make Your Mark ballot. Last year, the UK Youth Parliament gave over 470,000 young people a voice as they voted on what should be our national campaign and this year, we’re coming bigger and better.
Mental Health is just one of ten topics which form the Make Your Mark ballot this year as we ask young people: what’s important to you? Our job as a Youth Parliament is to represent young people and make sure the country’s youth have an active role in decision making – but to do that, we need everyone’s help!
Mental health is important to me because I see it every day; I see the struggles of students in my constituency which get dismissed as ‘teenage hormones’, the girls and guys battling with body issues, the bands which hide the physical and mental scars of self-harm. I see it all, and now we need to get the message out there.
A lot of work is being put into mental health by different organisations, but if we chose it to be our national campaign we can unite together for a common goal and tell every student who feels alone that someone cares.
We have a unique chance to do something brilliant, but before you tick that box, look at the other nine issues: they are all important and they all mean something.
The stage is set and we are ready: Youth of the United Kingdom, It’s time to Make Your Mark.

Vote in the Make Your Mark ballot here.

- Post by Ife Grillo, Member of the UK Youth Parliament for Hackney
Attached files
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (125)
43.1%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (45)
15.52%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (115)
39.66%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
1.72%

Watched Threads