The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Metropolitan University - 2016 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stawes
Westminster one of my five choices and while I looked up Brunel the very high grade boundaries( 45 out of 45 distinctions) and the distance from my house in East London meant I ruled it out.

Brunel is a good back up uni for those who aim for higher tier law universities.....Westminister too is a popular choice.
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 21
Original post by Iqbal007
Brunel is a good back up uni for those who aim for higher tier law universities.....Westminister too is a popular choice.

The grade boundaries are a bit too high( all distinctions ,I cant see myself reaching that) and I would never be able to enjoy the traveling distance. Over 2 hours traveling a day doesn't really appeal to me.
Original post by stawes
The grade boundaries are a bit too high( all distinctions ,I cant see myself reaching that) and I would never be able to enjoy the traveling distance. Over 2 hours traveling a day doesn't really appeal to me.

Oh yeah its a bit far.....unless you live on campus. What other choices do you have?
Hi everyone!
I'm new here,

I am an aspiring solicitor. I would love to study Law next year (2015) at London Met. but I am uncertain about my chances of getting onto the LLB Law degree.

Here's a little background---
23 year old turning 24 next year March

Grade DDM in BTEC Fashion Design with Marketing--attained in 2010

GCSE: C in English Language
C in English Literature
D in Maths
C in Religious Studies
and some other passes in keys skills

I am very passionate about becoming a lawyer, so your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Any chance?......I would really appreciate your tips and advice to enable my entry onto an LLB Degree for 2015..

Thanks for your time!
Reply 24
Oh yeah its a bit far.....unless you live on campus. What other choices do you have?

UEL, City, South Bank and Westminster.
Original post by stawes

UEL, City, South Bank and Westminster.

My view is City followed by Westminster are your best choices?
Reply 26
My view is City followed by Westminster are your best choices?

Due to my parents not wanting any long travel for me because I have autism if i get accepted for UEL that is where I am going. All the special arrangement are already being done.
Original post by stawes
Due to my parents not wanting any long travel for me because I have autism if i get accepted for UEL that is where I am going. All the special arrangement are already being done.

ah I see....but is there no way for you to attend the better universities like City?
Reply 28
ah I see....but is there no way for you to attend the better universities like City?

Possibly City if I get accepted I could push for it.
Original post by stawes
London Met is one of my five choices for law. The good talk from the head of postgraduate Barrie persuaded me( I wasn't previously going to have it as one of my five choices.)

Great to hear it, Barry is definitely very passionate about his subject!

I've found this video that I think you might find interesting:

[video="youtube;rOju_lLPkeU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOju_lLPkeU&list=PLD66CB8C135F7E447[/video]

If that was useful there are another 9 videos (from recent graduates and senior lecturers etc.) on our website.

Anyway, best of luck with your decision (and any exams etc. you may have to do in the meantime). Any questions, then ask away!

Kind regards,
Simon :smile:
Original post by startafresh
Hi everyone!
I'm new here,

I am an aspiring solicitor. I would love to study Law next year (2015) at London Met. but I am uncertain about my chances of getting onto the LLB Law degree.

Here's a little background---
23 year old turning 24 next year March

Grade DDM in BTEC Fashion Design with Marketing--attained in 2010

GCSE: C in English Language
C in English Literature
D in Maths
C in Religious Studies
and some other passes in keys skills

I am very passionate about becoming a lawyer, so your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Any chance?......I would really appreciate your tips and advice to enable my entry onto an LLB Degree for 2015..

Thanks for your time!

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch.

It's great to read how enthusiastic you are about becoming a lawyer. I've had a look at your qualifications and although they're not in a law subject we might be able to suggest how you can steer yourself onto our Law courses!

1. The management part of your BTEC qualification is important as some of the modules for the LLB Law course are in business subjects.

2. You have good grades in your GCSE's, don't worry about the Maths as this is not required for the course.

3. I've had a chat with the admissions officer responsible for this course who suggests that you submit your application via UCAS. Admission depends on how you indicate:

*Your enthusiasm for the course in your personal statement ( don't forget, we run application clinics for this!, please see the link below:

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/theplan/application-clinics/

* Work experience

* Knowledge of the subject area

I hope this answers your questions. Please call us if you need any help on this.

Good luck

Audrey
Hi everyone I am from Pakistan i am going to join Msc Computing course in Jan 2015 at London Metropolitan. Anyone can guide me about the university how is the environment in university, what is the reputation of this university in England and what local people think about this university because I have heard that UKBA once revoked its license in August 2012.
One more thing I want to know that I'll be applying for Tier 4 visa so can anyone please tell me I'll be able to do work after coming there in London to meet my living expenses and if yes then how many hours I would be allowed to do work?
Original post by TayabRaza
Hi everyone I am from Pakistan i am going to join Msc Computing course in Jan 2015 at London Metropolitan. Anyone can guide me about the university how is the environment in university, what is the reputation of this university in England and what local people think about this university because I have heard that UKBA once revoked its license in August 2012.

Original post by TayabRaza
One more thing I want to know that I'll be applying for Tier 4 visa so can anyone please tell me I'll be able to do work after coming there in London to meet my living expenses and if yes then how many hours I would be allowed to do work?

Hello Tayab, at first I was a little unsure as to whether or not I should reply to this message as, obviously, I work for London Met as well as studying here and consequently mine is probably a biased view. However, I then thought there is some factual stuff I can give you that you might find to be extremely useful. I'll provide that first and then I'll share my personal opinion (I'll try and be as objective as I can for you) which you can ignore, if you like :smile: .

Firstly London Met now has it's highly trusted status back, so there are no issues for the students requiring tier four visas. In fact the overhaul of the systems that we had in place now mean that the compliance work done here is widely regarded as the best practice example for the Universities across the UK.

My understanding of Tier 4 visas is that you are able to work but that there are occasional exceptions. We have a very friendly international office who will be able to give you specific advice and share their expertise with you. This is a link to their pages on our website. In fact (as in my case) the university hires quite a few students to do a wide range of paid work. The largest employment that we do is called "Student Ambassadors" and they do anything from flier-ing/pamphleting/leafleting to staffing open days or even doing some administrative tasks. It's really flexible as the University is keen for your study to be your top priority.

I think this is quite a good website for information about visas too.

Ok, so now for the personal opinion part (hopefully some of our other students will share there thoughts on this to give you a better picture).

I really enjoy studying here. The student body is very diverse and, for me, that makes for some truly absorbing seminars. The other day I discovered that Michael Sata's (the former President of Zambia who passed away recently) sister-in-law is in one of my groups: that makes for some remarkably insightful political debate in my classes. Hopefully she won't mind me name dropping her!

I've found the atmosphere to be very friendly and warm and as a result it can sometimes take me a long time to walk to my lecture room, because of how many time I have to stop and say "hello" to people. Popularity is such a burden, I know :wink:

I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say about the atmosphere though.

I really hope that some of that was useful. Please let me know if you think I can help with anything else, and I hope to see you in January!

Kind regards,
Simon
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by London Metropolitan University
Hi

Thanks for getting in touch.

It's great to read how enthusiastic you are about becoming a lawyer. I've had a look at your qualifications and although they're not in a law subject we might be able to suggest how you can steer yourself onto our Law courses!

1. The management part of your BTEC qualification is important as some of the modules for the LLB Law course are in business subjects.

2. You have good grades in your GCSE's, don't worry about the Maths as this is not required for the course.

3. I've had a chat with the admissions officer responsible for this course who suggests that you submit your application via UCAS. Admission depends on how you indicate:

*Your enthusiasm for the course in your personal statement ( don't forget, we run application clinics for this!, please see the link below:

http://www.londonmet.ac.uk/theplan/application-clinics/

* Work experience

* Knowledge of the subject area

I hope this answers your questions. Please call us if you need any help on this.

Good luck

Audrey

Hi Audrey
Thanks for the reply! Really appreciate
It, I will take your tips into acount.

Kind regards
Hello Tayab, at first I was a little unsure as to whether or not I should reply to this message as, obviously, I work for London Met as well as studying here and consequently mine is probably a biased view. However, I then thought there is some factual stuff I can give you that you might find to be extremely useful. I'll provide that first and then I'll share my personal opinion (I'll try and be as objective as I can for you) which you can ignore, if you like :smile: .

Firstly London Met now has it's highly trusted status back, so there are no issues for the students requiring tier four visas. In fact the overhaul of the systems that we had in place now mean that the compliance work done here is widely regarded as the best practice example for the Universities across the UK.

My understanding of Tier 4 visas is that you are able to work but that there are occasional exceptions. We have a very friendly international office who will be able to give you specific advice and share their expertise with you. This is a link to their pages on our website. In fact (as in my case) the university hires quite a few students to do a wide range of paid work. The largest employment that we do is called "Student Ambassadors" and they do anything from flier-ing/pamphleting/leafleting to staffing open days or even doing some administrative tasks. It's really flexible as the University is keen for your study to be your top priority.

I think this is quite a good website for information about visas too.

Ok, so now for the personal opinion part (hopefully some of our other students will share there thoughts on this to give you a better picture).

I really enjoy studying here. The student body is very diverse and, for me, that makes for some truly absorbing seminars. The other day I discovered that Michael Sata's (the former President of Zambia who passed away recently) sister-in-law is in one of my groups: that makes for some remarkably insightful political debate in my classes. Hopefully she won't mind me name dropping her!

I've found the atmosphere to be very friendly and warm and as a result it can sometimes take me a long time to walk to my lecture room, because of how many time I have to stop and say "hello" to people. Popularity is such a burden, I know :wink:

I'd be interested to hear what other people have to say about the atmosphere though.

I really hope that some of that was useful. Please let me know if you think I can help with anything else, and I hope to see you in January!

Kind regards,
Simon

Hi Simon thanks for your detailed reply now my confusion are clear about London Met and I am very excited to join classes starting in January 2015.

Regards,
Tayab Raza
Hey I'm interested in Sports Business Management, could you tell me about this course something more???
And how about sports facilities?

hi,

i'm intersted in sports business management, could you tell me about this course something more??
And how about sports facilitie?

Regards :smile:
Original post by kameleon13
hi,

i'm intersted in sports business management, could you tell me about this course something more??
And how about sports facilitie?

Regards :smile:

Hello, thanks for the question.

I don't know if you've had a chance to look at the course page on our website yet, but if not you should definitely check it out. There's a lot of information about the course there that might interest you.

Also, a great way to learn more about the facilities would be to come to one of our open days on either the 8 or 14 January. If you would like to you can book yourself a spot here.

The specifc aim of the course is to deliver an intellectually demanding programme of study that explores the history, structure and characteristics of the contemporary sports business. It will provide a thorough introduction to the key dimensions of sports management, the agencies involved, and the political, social and cultural contexts that frame it. This is done within a framework that is sensitive and responsive to the world environment, sustainable development and corporate social responsibility. The course also firmly acknowledges that that the sports industry is by its very nature a global industry, and internationalism is a core principle underpinning the programme.

More information (possibly more than you want :colondollar:) can be found in our course catalogue.

I really hope that some of that was useful, if you have any outstanding questions please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,

-snip-

Hi, is it okay if I PM you regarding a course?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending