The Student Room Group

Possible to get into good unis with worse grades?

Hi there,

I am currently on a gap year and I have decided I want to study Accountancy and finance. I have started the process of writing my personal statement and looking at various universities.
In my AS year, I underwent a torrid year plagued with illness and came out the other end failing my exams, however I decided that I didn't want to repeat the year, instead I would plow on and try and receive the best results I could. I sat Maths, Economics and Physics in which I achieved the grades B, B, D respectively for A2.
I am just curious if anyone could maybe shed some light on any history they've had with similar situations such as this, and maybe give me any tips and tricks to help me achieve a university place in a good university. Any help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hey, I'm currently doing my A2 year (studying Econ, Maths, Geog) - I've been predicted AAB. With the grades you have and your goal to go to a good university, might be a good idea to redo some exams to broaden the options of Universities that you could apply to? :smile: Where are you thinking of applying?
You would get accepted at a BBB University if you had good work experience and a good personal statement, I know people who have with those grades. That D grade, try and get it at least to a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending