The Student Room Group

Freshers: How much work are you doing outside of lectures?

Just wondering how much work everyone is doing outside of lectures as well as how much additional reading?

Thank you. :smile:
Not enough.
If you see daylight then you're doing it wrong. You should be in the library non-stop.

I didn't do enough reading in first year although still got a good 2.1.
Reply 3
Protip: enjoy freedom of freshers while you can, it's only downhill (or rather uphill, to a conveniently quiet spot in the library) from there :tongue:
Reply 4
honestly, like nothing so far..

rush of all the partying, clubbing etc still in the system
Not a lot....
Reply 6
God, I have did nothing so far
Reply 7
you don't revise in 1st year
Nothing but I'm going geek clubbing tonite #YOLObby
Reply 9
Absolute Jack ****
Original post by iamu
you don't revise in 1st year

This is terrible advice. Of course you revise in first year, it provides the knowledge on which you build on in subsequent years. A poor foundation will lead to disaster not to mention you have to pass first year to progress.

That's not to say live in the library, by all means take it easy but do some work too, or you'll be kicking yourself in second year and onwards.
Original post by LeaX
Just wondering how much work everyone is doing outside of lectures as well as how much additional reading?

Thank you. :smile:

When I was a fresher I wasn't working/doing additional reading in the first semester until around week 5. I did all my seminar readings, though - few chapters a week. Semester 2 I had more credits and work due in week 3 so I was working straight away.
Reply 12
nothing so far, and i havent really been doing anything social life wise either just sports
Original post by futbol
Absolute Jack ****

Original post by aadam10
God, I have did nothing so far

Same guyz
Ive done nothing. Im def gonna start soon though
Not much at all. I downloaded a recommended book to read but last looked at it a few weeks back :/
I've done very little. I keep telling myself I'll start working hard soon, but, well, that remains to be seen. :rolleyes:
Done a bit but need to do a lot more. Need to do more in depth reading than just replying on the information within the lectures. Just waiting for my books now..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Psyc_Girl
Done a bit but need to do a lot more. Need to do more in depth reading than just replying on the information within the lectures. Just waiting for my books now..

Posted from TSR Mobile

I need to use reading week to actually spend some time reading up.

Quick Reply

Latest