The Student Room Group

Apologists, how do you shrug off the continuous stream of atrocities by some Muslims?

How do you turn a blind eye to:

The Rotherham scandal

The new child grooming scandal coming to light in Manchester

The path of death and destruction left by Islamic State

The numerous Islamic terrorist organizations operating currently (far too many to list)

The Islamic takeover plot in Birmingham schools

The legions of Muslims that took to the streets in Europe and called for Jews to be sent to the gas chambers

The hatred and violence towards homosexuals throughout the Islamic world and now found in many Muslim neighborhoods in the west

The honor killings that may not be unique to Muslims, but are certainly most frequent in the Muslim world (and are often punished lightly)

The death threats, protests and murders of people who have made light of their religion or prophet

The segregation of men in women in Islamic countries such as the KSA where women are not even allowed to drive

Women covering themselves entirely in black veils in the belief that everything about them is obscene

The myriad terrorist attacks that Muslims have committed across the world over the past 20 years. I seriously doubt there is any other demographic that can currently be attributed to causing so much violence.

The over 100 calls for violence in the Quran

The worship of a prophet which kept sex slaves, waged wars, beat women, and had sex and married a 9 year old in the Buhkari Hadith, the Hadith which Muslims consider to be most reliable.

How can you stand back and apologize for this religion? I'm genuinely curious.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

"They're not real Muslims!!!11one!"
Because I have an open mind. My muslims friends don't go around beheading people. Open your mind, maybe interact with some muslims.
Reply 3
literal interpretations of the Quran are dangerous, as are literal interpretations of the bible. Most religious people are surprisingly pragmatic, willing to betray their religions and consistently holding and doing things that contradict it just to survive day to day in the modern world. It's because deep down they know it to be as absurd as we do.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by KingBradly
How do you turn a blind eye to:

The Rotherham scandal

The new child grooming scandal coming to light in Manchester

The path of death and destruction left by Islamic State

The numerous Islamic terrorist organizations operating currently (far too many to list)

The Islamic takeover plot in Birmingham schools

The legions of Muslims that took to the streets in Europe and called for Jews to be sent to the gas chambers

The hatred and violence towards homosexuals throughout the Islamic world and now found in many Muslim neighborhoods in the west

The honor killings that may not be unique to Muslims, but are certainly most frequent in the Muslim world (and are often punished lightly)

The death threats, protests and murders of people who have made light of their religion or prophet

The segregation of men in women in Islamic countries such as the KSA where women are not even allowed to drive

Women covering themselves entirely in black veils in the belief that everything about them is obscene

The myriad terrorist attacks that Muslims have committed across the world over the past 20 years. I seriously doubt there is any other demographic that can currently be attributed to causing so much violence.

The worship of a prophet which kept sex slaves, waged wars, beat women, and had sex and married a 9 year old in the Buhkari Hadith, the Hadith which Muslims consider to be most reliable.

How can you stand back and apologize for this religion? I'm genuinely curious.

The prophet actually married her when she was 11. At 9 he signed the marriage contract with her father who offered her to him and she accepted. She was given certain fruits in high amounts to be fit for marriage at a young age.

Do you want a retaliation?

The British army molested and raped women in China in 1901 at the Boxer revolution

30000 people died in a Nazi style killing in the Boar war in South Africa plus destroying arable land by poisoning wells, salting farms..etc

The list is endless and this is a useless debate based on reading random wikipedia crap that is suited for thedailymail and low IQ individuals.
Original post by Masoudy
She was given certain fruits in high amounts to be fit for marriage at a young age.

a) that's creepy as hell
b) she was still a child, even being effectively fattened up for Christmas doesn't make the rape okay.
Reply 6
Original post by Masoudy
The prophet actually married her when she was 11. At 9 he signed the marriage contract with her father who offered her to him and she accepted. She was given certain fruits in high amounts to be fit for marriage at a young age.

Oh that makes it ok then. Glad you cleared that one up. Everyone knows that shagging 11 year olds, as long as you feed them fruit beforehand, is A-ok.

Original post by Masoudy

The British army molested and raped women in China in 1901 at the Boxer revolution

30000 people died in a Nazi style killing in the Boar war in South Africa plus destroying arable land by poisoning wells, salting farms..etc

The list is endless and this is a useless debate based on reading random wikipedia crap that is suited for thedailymail and low IQ individuals.

Are you a troll? What the hell does that have to do with the subject matter? Why do you people always do this? You're citing things that happened one hundred years ago. I'm not saying who's bad or whose good. I fully acknowledge that the British have done many terrible things, but that doesn't mean that Muslims don't deserve to have the finger pointed at them for the things they're doing. Also, you're talking about things that happened in the past, which are not currently causing problems, and so don't need to be addressed. How can you not understand that? If I was going to just complain about a demographic based on what they have done in the entirety of history, I could say the Germans or the Mongols. But we're not talking about history. We're talking about current events here, and history is completely irrelevant because it's happened and it's over now. The atrocities that Muslims are committing are happening now and that's why I am addressing them.

Also, the daily mail thing? What a cliché. I don't read the Mail thanks.
The key thing here is that the majority of Muslims have never done any of these things, so why blame everyone who follows Islam for the wrongs of the minority?
I understand that not all Muslims support or would ever do these things. The same way I understand that a guy raping a woman doesn't mean all guys rape women, a black man robbing a store doesn't mean all black men rob stores, and so on and on.

Get over the fact that one group of people does not represent the whole, and any types of people can be just as bad. Even Buddhists have their extremists.
Original post by Masoudy

Do you want a retaliation?

Did you type 'given certain fruits...to be fit for marriage at a young age' with a straight face? :eek: That is absolutely revolting. She was a human being, not an animal to be fattened up before slaughter, for pity's sake.

As for the rest, well, I had no idea that the British army of 1901 has ever been claimed to be perfect and a role model for all times, the way Muhammad is, the way Islam is. If you think Islam is perfect, you can't point to random things other countries or people following other belief systems have done and say 'look they did bad things too!' If you're claiming perfection, you're going to be held to a higher standard.
Reply 10
Original post by Masoudy

That is just disgusting, i don't get how anyone can respect what you have just said.
Original post by Achaea
Did you type 'given certain fruits...to be fit for marriage at a young age' with a straight face? :eek: That is absolutely revolting. She was a human being, not an animal to be fattened up before slaughter, for pity's sake.

Original post by Skip_Snip
a) that's creepy as hell
b) she was still a child, even being effectively fattened up for Christmas doesn't make the rape okay.

How was that (1500 years ago) rape?

Everyone at that time was okay with it. It is not a Muslim thing. Same thing with slaves and harem as it is done by Christians in the same medieval times.

Evolutionarily, women are fit for mating when they release their first 'egg' and I am guessing most women do that when they're 11 or so.

Original post by Achaea
As for the rest, well, I had no idea that the British army of 1901 has ever been claimed to be perfect and a role model for all times, the way Muhammad is, the way Islam is. If you think Islam is perfect, you can't point to random things other countries or people following other belief systems have done and say 'look they did bad things too!' If you're claiming perfection, you're going to be held to a higher standard.

Islam is perfect. Not all 1.5 billion Muslims are perfect. You would blame South Asian gangs - not Muslims - for Rotherham and Manchester's child abuse cases. You don't blame the Vatican for the Italian mafia.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheBBQ
That is just disgusting, i don't get how anyone can respect what you have just said.

So does your face.
Original post by Masoudy

Evolutionarily, women are fit for mating when they release their first 'egg' and I am guessing most women do at 11

Doesn't negate the physical and mental damage which would occur from being raped by a fifty year old when she's still a child.

Islam is perfect.

How do you know it's perfect?
And if it were perfect, there'd be no way for it to be misinterpreted to justify bad things.
Reply 14
"*gasp* are you generalizing?They're not all the same you know?Are you waaaah-cist?God you're so heartless to not think of the prejudice the muslim communities might face if you point out a common trend !!!!!!!11111!!!!!!111"

I think anyone who prioritizes the possibility of prejudice over all the stuff listed in the OP is cheap scum with little to no human worth.:smile:.
Original post by P357
"*gasp* are you generalizing?They're not all the same you know?Are you waaaah-cist?God you're so heartless to not think of the prejudice the muslim communities might face if you point out a common trend !!!!!!!11111!!!!!!111"

I think anyone who prioritizes the possibility of prejudice over all the stuff listed in the OP is cheap scum with little to no human worth.:smile:.

I've seen that a lot in the wake of the Rotherham scandal. Not a word of sympathy for very young girls who were gang-raped and abused for years on end, and treated like worthless scum both by their abusers and the authorities who should have been protecting them, but plenty of 'Gasp, some Muslims somewhere *might* be the victims of prejudice if we publicise the fact that some Pakistani Muslim men have been raping lots of girls!'
Those things you listed are awful and need to be stopped but if your going to be evaluate anything you need to actually look at the full picture, something you haven't done.
Generalising the whole Muslim population based on some radical groups is completely stupid. You wouldn't say 'all Christians hate blacks and want to lynch them because of the KKK' would you?
When you discuss terrorism you are aware that the US have bombed 7 different Muslim countries during Obama's time in office, yet the Muslims are the terrorists?
Muslim countries world-wide have elected something like 8 female Heads of State. Bangladesh have elected 2, how many have we elected? But of course every muslim wants to oppress women...
And about your last point that was the norm back then. The average age for girls to marry during the medieval times was 12 and that under Christianity. It pretty awful that girls that young were married off but it was the norm.
Original post by MattBerry96
And about your last point that was the norm back then. The average age for girls to marry during the medieval times was 12 and that under Christianity. It pretty awful that girls that young were married off but it was the norm.

Evidence?
Original post by KingBradly

The other stuff can be sort of dismissed as 'Oh well, some people are just dicks, that's not Islam' but this is the stuff that can't be denied, ignored, justified, excused or whatever else. That stuff is the bottom line. It is supposed to be the word of an infallible god so It should be enough to get any honest muslim to either say "**** this nonsense" and reject their religion, or to get out there and murder for 'Allah'. The 'moderates' who won't face up to this stuff are dishonest and cowardly.
prollly becus it doesnt concern them. there are bad ppl in the world, get over it. if an atheist or w/e religion u are group goes round massacare ppl, how is it ur fault.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending