For those who got an A in chemistry As/A level. HELP again

Watch this thread
Kaizack
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I am currently studying Chemistry at these levels, for those who did get an A, can you give me any tips? What you did to revise, what resources you used, how long did you revise for etc... Any advice would be a major help!
indigobluesss
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kaizack)
I am currently studying Chemistry at these levels, for those who did get an A, can you give me any tips? What you did to revise, what resources you used, how long did you revise for etc... Any advice would be a major help!
Hi,

Ahh I remember the days, when I used to sit for hours on end with my chem textbook and get E's and D's in the practice questions in class.

I stumbled across this resource http://www.chemguide.co.uk/ and no joke, this saved my life... It made me "understand" chemistry, unlike all those various textbooks that merely helped you memorise equations >.>

Just check your specification and read all the relevant pages, the information can seem daunting at first, but this is vital background information that you need to know, I also recommend buying their calculation practice book~

N.B. I got A's in both years
Charlotte Taylor
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Practising exam questions were my life saver, I was getting Cs and Ds until I started constantly applying everything to exam papers, learning what they were looking for and also beginning to understand what the things actually meant in context rather than just a list of facts, I got an A in both units of my exam and I came out with a good A overall and honestly, I only did that because I used the exam questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dylann
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If you do OCR B or AQA

www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk

Use specification as a checklist on what to revise, complete all the worksheets on this website

Posted from TSR Mobile
sarahfrost97
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm doing OCR and they really like their definitions, so I made a booklet with each definition and learnt a couple every day word for word, also made notes directly from the textbook. My teacher gave us end of topic tests quite a lot so I had to revise each topic keeping it fresh in my mind. I also did all the past papers before the exams and marking them myself because that really lets you get to know the mark scheme and what they're looking for I'm sure you'll do fine though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads