The Student Room Group

Economics

Hey guys, I'm thinking of droppin As level English lit, and swapping it for economics cos frankly if I stay on the course, I will probably end up with an E. What I wanted to know is how hard is economics, what it involves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Brainiac_98
Hey guys, I'm thinking of droppin As level English lit, and swapping it for economics cos frankly if I stay on the course, I will probably end up with an E. What I wanted to know is how hard is economics, what it involves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, there's a lot of content to take in. The notion of Economics suggests the efficient allocation of resources. It's broken down into two:

Microeconomics: This branch of economics concerns itself with the interaction of individuals in relation to the markets. How markets behave, how businesses function, how decisions are made, how markets fail etc..

Macroeconomics: The bigger picture concerning the role of the government, the role of globalisation, what factors affect economic behaviour, what makes prices/exchange rates move etc..

Feel free to ask any specific questions. I have completed AQA A level Economics. I most definitely found it enjoyable but it was a lot of hard work.
Reply 2
Ah, brilliant! So how many hours of revision per week did u get done, for just economics?
I found Economics the most rewarding subject due to my interest in current affairs. Revision hours per week didnt matter much as it was full out 6 weeks before the exam. The concepts aren't particularly hard, but if you want a top grade going further than the syllabus is definitely required.
Reply 4
Okay, yhh I defo prepared to do that! And it seems a lot more relevant than English lit as well.
Original post by Brainiac_98
Ah, brilliant! So how many hours of revision per week did u get done, for just economics?

Quote me when you respond, or else it wouldn't flag your reply. I didn't consider "how much revision" for any of my subjects. It was moreso the quality of my revision and the depeth of my udnerstanding. I set targets to understand certain concepts and until I fully comprehended the technical nature of what I set out, I wouldn't move on. I spent most of my free time studying and going further in depth than what was actually "needed" to be known for the exam. That way, I can go into further discussion and application when I do my essays etc.. it was definitely the most beneficial subject, in terms of developing analytical ability and understanding how the contemporary world works.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonynous
Quote me when you respond, or else it wouldn't flag your reply. I didn't consider "how much revision" for any of my subjects. It was moreso the quality of my revision and the depeth of my udnerstanding. I set targets to understand certain concepts and until I fully comprehended the technical nature of what I set out, I wouldn't move on. I spent most of my free time studying and going further in depth than what was actually "needed" to be known for the exam. That way, I can go into further discussion and application when I do my essays etc.. it was definitely the most beneficial subject, in terms of developing analytical ability and understanding how the contemporary world works.

Yhh, okay and I get what you mean, thanks for the help 👌👌

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest