The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

How come alot of young mums are really fat?

Just watched a news report about mothers drinking in the early stages of their unexpected pregnancies and therefore every abortion.

Every mother they interviewed was an obese mess, like the type who sit at home eating biscuits whilst the government pays for them to lay on their back and spawn more horrid little things.

Yet all the intelligent women from the charities and research companies were all slim and very well presented.

Just an observation, which I believe is indicative of our times.

Scroll to see replies

That says more about the interests of the company which funded the report than young mums.
If they didn't interview obese messes then it will kind of tread on their point! (going from your comment; i've not seen the report)
Poor access to education, support and healthcare will likely lead to more obesity in certain social groups. These same reasons will lead to drinking in young mothers.
Reply 4
I think they should just stop eating so much crap and get a job like the rest of us. If they're as busy as me, they won't get the opportunity to get fat! But the government will keep paying these fat messes to keep making little McKenzie's and Krystal's
Booze is pretty fattening but to be fair, it's hard to get a job AND look after a child at the same time which is why they, "Lay on their back all day and spawn more horrid things," If there's nobody else around to look after their children, then they hve to do it so they stay at home and don't work. I get your point though. I think it's stupid to have a baby if you're not married, financially stable and all the rest.
Also, many women have babies for the housing benefits. With their baby, they get bumped up onto the top of waiting lists for houses and the Government pays for everything. I think the Government should stop funding stupid mothers having children so then they'll abort it and get on with their lifes. Apart from anything else, it would help solve the overpopulation issue if women are now aware that they won't get anything from having their babies.
Oh, and to answer your,"Why are they fat," question. Most women put on about 2 stone from 1 baby and those 2 stones can be VERY hard to shift. No idea how Beyonce did it.
Reply 7
They're not obese because they're Young Mums, and they're not young mums because they're obese.

They are probably just part of an unskilled working class that has been deprived of dignant work options. So now they are 3rd generation helpless, bored, uneducated and passive. All of which leads to being overweight and early pregnancy. Add untreated weight gain through pregnancy and an even more passive life sitting at home with toddlers now - there you go.
Reply 8
Because someone who is less likely to use a condom is also less likely to possess the intelligence to know how to properly look after themselves.
I would say it's a mixture of life style, hormones, stress from raising a child in the world, emotional issues, lack of education about food and nutrition

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steezy
Because someone who is less likely to use a condom is also less likely to possess the intelligence to know how to properly look after themselves.

Fantastic stereotypical logic right there, pal. :yy:
They were raised to believe 3 packs of crisps constitutes a nutritional meal for a young'un. It's a vicious cycle.
y nto
I seriously worry for the younger generation. Pretty soon everything is going to be corrupt. I think there should be a law that if you get pregnant before 21- you have to get an abortion. It would make everything so much easier. Think bout it.
Teenage pregnancy is good and healthy it shouldn't be discouraged.Much better at pregnant 16 year old than a 40 year old.
Reply 15
Original post by Davalla
Fantastic stereotypical logic right there, pal. :yy:

If a woman is fat and has a child before 20, she's probably not the sharpest tool in the box :yy:
Reply 16
Well, a few girls who I graduated year 11 with got pregnant before writing their GCSEs so either ended up not writing them or completely messed them up. Either way, they all got really fat afterwards and are probably unemployed, and I heard from a couple of them that their mums had gone through the same thing. So mayhaps it's just a vicious cycle :s-smilie:
Perhaps it's the norm in their lifestyle, culture and background

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its cause they all take social sciences like biology. Stop eating babies and that
Reply 19
benefits culture has created a mess of entitled sobs who know they can live good popping out babies. The feminists created this system.

Latest

Trending

Trending