A study has reported possible evidence of life after death

Watch this thread
TSR George
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
https://news.google.com/news/story?p...=all&scoring=d

Multiple sources have reported on a big study that may show evidence in life after death.

Be interesting to see if this prompts further studies into it.
Queen Cersei
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Amazing! Haha I studied at Uni of Southampton, never knew they were doing such interesting research!
geneticist
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
You're gonna die mate get over it -.-
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
this isalready obvious. red quran m8
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Quantum Suicide will be on this thread quicker than a fat person at a buffet
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Ugh, it really annoys me when the news completely misinterprets research. Brain having some sensation after the heart has stopped is not the same as discovering heaven exists.
uberteknik
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dumachi)
https://news.google.com/news/story?p...=all&scoring=d

Multiple sources have reported on a big study that may show evidence in life after death.

Be interesting to see if this prompts further studies into it.
A little dated with the technology of the time, but a cracking good film nonetheless.

Ironically, Natalie Wood really did die during the production of the film which had it's release delayed for 2 years as a result.

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
hmmm it might prove difficult to find volunteers for a controlled experiment.
miser
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This life after death - it's premature declaration of death.
Spetznaaz
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I remember reading a long time ago about a study on out of body experiences during death. They were going to place signs facing upwards around the rooms of people who died and were bought back - If they truly had an out of body experience and not just a hallucination, they would of been able to report what the signs said.

Never saw an update on what happened.

Truth is, all logic points to death simply being the end, we simply cease to exist.

Terrifies and depressed me, wish i was stupid and could make myself believe in some sort of religion / life after death, but alas, i know it would simply be denial.
middlj
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lucaf)
Ugh, it really annoys me when the news completely misinterprets research. Brain having some sensation after the heart has stopped is not the same as discovering heaven exists.
This. The amount of nonsense stories like this that get shared on facebook.

Critical thinking FTW.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maid Marian
Report 7 years ago
Aslan's Country? Pls tell me it's Aslan's Country. :sad: I'd jump in front of the nearest car immediately if this was confirmed.:puppyeyes:
Ndella
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I haven't done Biology since year 11 and even I knew that was already proved.
Chlorophile
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've not read the journal but it doesn't sound very rigorous for me. They pretty much have to take the people's word for it.
InternetGangster
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
We already know life after death exists lol
mikeyd85
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How about we redefine death at the moment that brain activity ceases as opposed to the heart stopping to beat.

I don't see why the brain couldn't survive, at least in a degraded state, for a short amount of time after the heart stops beating.
InsertWittyName
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Erm no. The article just shows your brain continues to process information 2.5 minutes longer than we thought.
None of the scientists mentioned any sort of spiritual phenomenon or life after death. It's just the media being poor at reporting science as usual.
joker12345
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lucaf)
This.
It's just playing on a ridiculous definition of death being when the heart stops beating while it should really be no brain activity.
lozasaurus99
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by InternetGangster)
We already know life after death exists lol
Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
lucaf
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joker12345)
This.
It's just playing on a ridiculous definition of death being when the heart stops beating while it should really be no brain activity.
Isn't the legal definition of death no brain activity anyway? Pretty sure it has been a while since death was considered to be the heart stopping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA Combined Science - Biology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (59)
34.71%
The paper was reasonable (68)
40%
Not feeling great about that exam... (27)
15.88%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
9.41%

Watched Threads