The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Probably not. Clubs tend to ask everyone for ID. Just get a fake ID of a relative or someone who looks remotely similar, and hope they don't put too much scrutiny on it
Original post by Caitlinmcewan
What are the chances of a 17 year old getting into a club with a big group of people? I look like none of my friends and fake Id sounds a bit dodgy, is there a possibility that I will get in or is there no point in even trying?

I'd appreciate no hate

This.

Wait until you're 18, you're really not missing out on much.
What are the chances of a 17 year old getting into a club with a big group of people? I look like none of my friends and fake Id sounds a bit dodgy, is there a possibility that I will get in or is there no point in even trying?

I'd appreciate no hate

Yeah, I wouldn't bother... you aren't missing out on much and it's not long until you're 18 anyway just wait it out and then before you know it you won't even need to think about faking it
Reply 4
Original post by wishesofarose
Yeah, I wouldn't bother... you aren't missing out on much and it's not long until you're 18 anyway just wait it out and then before you know it you won't even need to think about faking it

Do you expect him to actually wait? would you if you were 17..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMango
Do you expect him to actually wait? would you if you were 17..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that you'll find that he/she might wait not out of wanting to but out of just plain not being able to. I'm just going on experience, I didn't know anyone who's fake ID I could get so had to wait.

Hang in there Caitlinmcewan!
Reply 6
I think that you'll find that he/she might wait not out of wanting to but out of just plain not being able to. I'm just going on experience, I didn't know anyone who's fake ID I could get so had to wait.

Hang in there Caitlinmcewan!

He will try and try to the point ges arrested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd appreciate no hate

When I was 17 you just nodded to the bouncers and waltzed straight in. Things were better in those days.
Without ID you are not getting in anywhere, even if you were 18.
listen to macklemore- fake ID
Original post by MrMango
He will try and try to the point ges arrested.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh well, Yolo, right? :wink: :wink:
Oh well, Yolo, right? :wink: :wink:

To get into a club you need ID, fake ID may work if they don't scan it, your best bet is getting a friend's ID (18+) and just using that to get in. Bouncers rarely care about whether you look like the person in the picture lol
Reply 13
Fake ID is mostly rubbish.

I've worked on doors and the only ID I'd ever accept is passport, UK driving license (provisional included) and pass card because it's the only ID you are legally required to accept. You're not going to get a fake passport, you won't get a fake pass card or UK driving license with the holograms looking right- unless you go through proper criminal contacts rather than websites. Door staff aren't stupid, most can spot a fake ID much easier than you will be able to so if you think it looks OK, door staff will think it looks ****. I wouldn't ever accept some college card or foreign driving license.So in short, don't waste your money.

Someone else's ID is a less stupid option but odds are the date on their ID is recent. I would confiscate any ID I thought was taken from someone else and give it to the police. Your friends don't want to be going getting their passport off the police so are more likely to give you a provisional which they will have gotten recently. If it's an older picture you can sometimes get away with it but if you are claiming the picture is from 6 months ago and you don't look that much like it then no chance. If someone looked 20 and I wasn't sure their ID was their's I'd probably let them in. If they looked 18 then no chance, even if I wasn't sure enough to confiscate it I could and would refuse entry because door staff can for pretty much any reason that doesn't break the Equality Act.
Original post by knowurstuff

some people are genuinely answering op's question, while we are just posting memes haha
im 16. heres my advice. stay in school and outta the clubs. dumbmotherf*ckers spreading stds faster these days
Original post by BKS

I've worked on doors and the only ID I'd ever accept is passport, UK driving license (provisional included) and pass card because it's the only ID you are legally required to accept. You're not going to get a fake passport, you won't get a fake pass card or UK driving license with the holograms looking right- unless you go through proper criminal contacts rather than websites. Door staff aren't stupid, most can spot a fake ID much easier than you will be able to so if you think it looks OK, door staff will think it looks ****. I wouldn't ever accept some college card or foreign driving license.So in short, don't waste your money.

Someone else's ID is a less stupid option but odds are the date on their ID is recent. I would confiscate any ID I thought was taken from someone else and give it to the police. Your friends don't want to be going getting their passport off the police so are more likely to give you a provisional which they will have gotten recently. If it's an older picture you can sometimes get away with it but if you are claiming the picture is from 6 months ago and you don't look that much like it then no chance. If someone looked 20 and I wasn't sure their ID was their's I'd probably let them in. If they looked 18 then no chance, even if I wasn't sure enough to confiscate it I could and would refuse entry because door staff can for pretty much any reason that doesn't break the Equality Act.

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep all of that in mind
Original post by BKS

The only sensible post I've read in this thread so far.
Reply 19
cxcvxc

Latest