The Student Room Group

Which University should I apply?

Hey, fellow students and members,

I am Portuguese and I will apply to Engineering in the UK. Since I don't live there, I don't know which Universities I should pick. I more lean to apply to universities which belong to the Russell Group, however, I am not sure about some of them. For instance, University of Southampton. It looks good, but I don't know if it is a good place to live.

Could you help me?
If I had to apply now, I would apply to Cambridge, Bristol, Manchester, UCL and Edinburgh.
What do you think?
Original post by AlexGDuarte
Hey, fellow students and members,

I am Portuguese and I will apply to Engineering in the UK. Since I don't live there, I don't know which Universities I should pick. I more lean to apply to universities which belong to the Russell Group, however, I am not sure about some of them. For instance, University of Southampton. It looks good, but I don't know if it is a good place to live.

Could you help me?
If I had to apply now, I would apply to Cambridge, Bristol, Manchester, UCL and Edinburgh.
What do you think?

Firstly, only you can decide whether or not Southampton is a good place to live for you - it completely depends on what you want from University! None of us can make that decision for you.

Cambridge, Bristol, Manchester, UCL and Edinburgh are all very good universities. But they're all very different and obviously they're all extremely competitive. Go for universities you think you'd be happy at. Do some research! The uni websites are very helpful.
Reply 2
Original post by Chlorophile
Firstly, only you can decide whether or not Southampton is a good place to live for you - it completely depends on what you want from University! None of us can make that decision for you.

Cambridge, Bristol, Manchester, UCL and Edinburgh are all very good universities. But they're all very different and obviously they're all extremely competitive. Go for universities you think you'd be happy at. Do some research! The uni websites are very helpful.

Well, I want a good University. I know that the term is vague, but I want a university on which I feel good. I am not a guy that likes to go to parties everyday - occasionally, I might go to some parties, obviously. I would prefer to live alone, to be honest.

I've checked all of them and I like them... But, then again, I also like Sheffield.. But I only have 5 options.
I did some research, however, I also did it before I came to Denmark... And, well, I don't like my current University, even though, on my research, it did sound perfect. That's why I am looking for students' opinions. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending