The Student Room Group

Narrative short story help

We're on WJEC english and we have to write a realistic story based on these titles- 'happy days' 'the unexpected' or 'the new arrival'

it has to be realistic though, so do you have any ideas on what I could write about?
Reply 1
Write about something you know about - perhaps base it off of an experience you've had? Can you think of anything you've seen or done which fits one of those three titles?
Reply 2
Original post by tory88
Write about something you know about - perhaps base it off of an experience you've had? Can you think of anything you've seen or done which fits one of those three titles?

No:frown: I'm rubbish thinking of ideas! I was thinking of doing a plot twist like someone could be "kidnapped" and but they're taken to their birthday party or something? But it sounds rubbish and I need a good grade because my target is an A:frown: do you have any ideas?
Reply 3
Original post by c2435
No:frown: I'm rubbish thinking of ideas! I was thinking of doing a plot twist like someone could be "kidnapped" and but they're taken to their birthday party or something? But it sounds rubbish and I need a good grade because my target is an A:frown: do you have any ideas?

It's against the policy of this forum to do your homework for you, and coming up the idea is a big part of this. Your kidnapped idea could perhaps work, from a first person perspective - describing a surprise party as someone who thinks they're being kidnapped and having the big reveal towards the end isn't a bad idea at all. Besides, with these things it's all about how you write, not what you write about.

What guidance has your teacher given you?
Reply 4
Original post by tory88
It's against the policy of this forum to do your homework for you, and coming up the idea is a big part of this. Your kidnapped idea could perhaps work, from a first person perspective - describing a surprise party as someone who thinks they're being kidnapped and having the big reveal towards the end isn't a bad idea at all. Besides, with these things it's all about how you write, not what you write about.

What guidance has your teacher given you?

I just wondered whether you had any vague ideas haha not to do it for me. So it's not a bad idea? Not much guidance apart from it can't be horror or supernatural it has to be realistic
Reply 5
Original post by c2435
I just wondered whether you had any vague ideas haha not to do it for me. So it's not a bad idea? Not much guidance apart from it can't be horror or supernatural it has to be realistic

I don't think it's a bad idea. If you like the idea, then run with it. As I said, if it's well written the subject matter is largely irrelevant.
Reply 6
Original post by tory88
I don't think it's a bad idea. If you like the idea, then run with it. As I said, if it's well written the subject matter is largely irrelevant.

Thank you for your help, I'm just so worried about not getting a good grade because I can't think of a subject matter :frown: I'll probably end up changing it if my teacher thinks it's not "realistic" enough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending