c2435
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
We're on WJEC english and we have to write a realistic story based on these titles- 'happy days' 'the unexpected' or 'the new arrival'

it has to be realistic though, so do you have any ideas on what I could write about?
tory88
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Write about something you know about - perhaps base it off of an experience you've had? Can you think of anything you've seen or done which fits one of those three titles?
c2435
Rep:
?
(Original post by tory88)
Write about something you know about - perhaps base it off of an experience you've had? Can you think of anything you've seen or done which fits one of those three titles?
No I'm rubbish thinking of ideas! I was thinking of doing a plot twist like someone could be "kidnapped" and but they're taken to their birthday party or something? But it sounds rubbish and I need a good grade because my target is an A do you have any ideas?
tory88
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by c2435)
No I'm rubbish thinking of ideas! I was thinking of doing a plot twist like someone could be "kidnapped" and but they're taken to their birthday party or something? But it sounds rubbish and I need a good grade because my target is an A do you have any ideas?
It's against the policy of this forum to do your homework for you, and coming up the idea is a big part of this. Your kidnapped idea could perhaps work, from a first person perspective - describing a surprise party as someone who thinks they're being kidnapped and having the big reveal towards the end isn't a bad idea at all. Besides, with these things it's all about how you write, not what you write about.

What guidance has your teacher given you?
c2435
Rep:
?
It's against the policy of this forum to do your homework for you, and coming up the idea is a big part of this. Your kidnapped idea could perhaps work, from a first person perspective - describing a surprise party as someone who thinks they're being kidnapped and having the big reveal towards the end isn't a bad idea at all. Besides, with these things it's all about how you write, not what you write about.

What guidance has your teacher given you?
I just wondered whether you had any vague ideas haha not to do it for me. So it's not a bad idea? Not much guidance apart from it can't be horror or supernatural it has to be realistic
tory88
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by c2435)
I just wondered whether you had any vague ideas haha not to do it for me. So it's not a bad idea? Not much guidance apart from it can't be horror or supernatural it has to be realistic
I don't think it's a bad idea. If you like the idea, then run with it. As I said, if it's well written the subject matter is largely irrelevant.
c2435
Rep:
?
I don't think it's a bad idea. If you like the idea, then run with it. As I said, if it's well written the subject matter is largely irrelevant.
Thank you for your help, I'm just so worried about not getting a good grade because I can't think of a subject matter I'll probably end up changing it if my teacher thinks it's not "realistic" enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (126)
29.44%
No (302)
70.56%

Watched Threads