Population density changing over time? Watch

Maya331
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's a simple enough question, just "explain why the population density of an area may change over time".

its a five mark question and I can only think of two reasons!

1. People may migrate due to a wider range of choices such as education and job opportunities
  2. changes in the level of technology and resources increase the number of people in the area

Can anyone think of 3 mo
Asklepios
  • Study Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maya331)
It's a simple enough question, just "explain why the population density of an area may change over time".

1. People may migrate due to a wider range of choices such as education and job opportunities
  2. changes in the level of technology and resources increase the number of people in the area

Can anyone think of 3 mo
Population density is population/area. As area doesn't really change, changes in population density are brought about by changes in population itself.

Changes in population are due to changes in birth rate, death rate, inward migration and outward migration. You mention migration, but think about things like better healthcare leading to reduced death rate so population growth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Maya331)

Can anyone think of 3 mo
maybe think about why people leave an area, since the question is about 'change' it could be an increasing or decreasing population so perhaps people leaving an area due to crop failures and famine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.6%
No (219)
94.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed