The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Humming 'money can't buy me love' down a traffic cone.
Reply 2
Determination beats ability every time and I find your thoughtless manner disturbing. Am an upper-middle class citizen in the socioeconomic scale and have slipped them by a few quid despite their futile attempts at trying to provide an act of entertainment (or in most cases, none at all).

More sympathy in future next time?
Reply 3
Have you ever seen the guy on Oxford Street with no legs outside Debenhams?

He sits there with a penny whistle in his mouth and plays one note over and over again.

Peeep. Peeep. Peeeep. Peeeep. Peeeeeeeep. Peeep. Peeeeeeeep.

It's really entertaining!
A tramp talked to me about my childhood for about 10 minutes. I was well out of it and i gave him £10 so he could go and sleep in a B&B. I had just been kicked out of a club (entirely not my fault btw) and i needed a sympathetic ear.

N.B: you should only give money to tramps selling the big issue. They're the ones who are trying to sort out their lives and get jobs and stuff usually
Reply 5
This isn't really "crazy", but I laughed my ass off when I saw the pic:

sone dude sleeping on the floor with a sign saying 'narcoleptic artist, please help'. he got looootttsss of $$$$.

i bought a big issue today.
BobMob

He sits there with a penny whistle in his mouth and plays one note over and over again.

lma thats the funniest thing ive heard all day;laugh; ;laugh;
The best example wasn't a tramp, but a waster who had no money.

"hey mate, can you lend me a quid, so I can get some valium?"
This isn't particularly crazy, but it was about 2 hours ago, and is therefore relevant.
He was selling Big Issues and was going "Buy One.. Get Me Free". Yeah, it entertained us. Maybe you had to be there..
There's a Big Issue seller who often works outside York train station and he'll just shout out in the craziest manner ever 'HELLO HELLO HELLO HOW ARE YOU?'

One of my favourite ways of passing time while waiting for the bus is looking at the expressions on people's faces as they walk by.You have to see it really.Quite scary.
Reply 11

Yep, see him all the time; never know what to think of it.

http://www.cmdrcyrax.com/Humour/Codeforfood.jpg
Reply 12
Big_Angry_Fish
believe it or not, i saw a tramp dancing in the street yesterday. But, not to any form of music, he was just dancing! When i walked past, he then asked for my money, needless to say he got none :cool: a poor effort i would say. He could have at least had some form of music instrument.

So what are the craziest ways you have seen ? :smile:

"Needless to say", you're a ****.
Profesh, do you do posts that arent witty comebacks or grammar jokes? :biggrin:
Reply 14
There's this one fella in Liverpool city centre that sits in a doorway strumming a tennis racquet like it's a guitar.
squigaletta
Humming 'money can't buy me love' down a traffic cone.

That wouldn't have been near Picadilly Circus would it?

In Cambridge there's a guy selling the Big Issue who stands there talking to anyone walking by, unfortunately I find it quite intimidating so if I have change I tend to go and buy it from another guy on the other side of Cambridge. Bad of me I know but I have problems talking to older men and having one shout "Hello love, nice day today!" at me makes me want to run away.
Reply 16
Just because men talk to you, doesn't make it sexual in any way.

To the op, stop being such an idiotic sounding snob, you're not above that guy.
1. knock knock

2. whos there

1. big ish

2. big ish who?

1. No thanks....
Reply 18
It's not very nice to take the piss out of tramps. They're people with feelings too, you know.
i used to work with a guy who had lived on the streets for a year. Apprently a days begging can get a tramp anywhere from 60 to a 100 quid, thats more money than i make a day.

You gotta be careful with big issue sellars not all of them are homeless.

In birmingham there was a guy who used to go inton brum in a full suit with a small bag, one in the town cente he would change into dirty clothes sit on a street corner and beg. wasnt homeless just his way of making money.
He got caught out by not changing his shoes

Latest

Trending

Trending