The Student Room Group

Dyslexic Needing advice on Noise Cancelling Headphoned

Hi I'm currently living in halls in a flat with 8 other people. I'm finding it really distracting when there all about to do work, which atm is all reading based so that adds another layer of not wanting to do it in the first place. I've been told that noise cancelling headphones would be a good idea but when ever I search them I get confused by all the types and costs and stuff. I was wondering if anybody had any tips instead of headphones or any advice on a noise cancelling headphones that don't leak any noise.

Thanks in advance! Hope everyone enjoying uni :smile:
Reply 1
I've tried noise cancelling headphones with a number of students, and the outcome is they don't really do much. In theory they monitor background noise, and then the built in electronics reduce this. In reality unless you using these for listening to audio and want background noise reduced, and have a very expensive set such as Sennheiser (aruund £300) they won't give much benefit.

You may find a pair of £1 foam ear plugs are better.
I have a pair of Bose Noise cancelling headphones. (Quiet Comfort 15) They are ok, as long as I remember to charge them...

Quick Reply

Latest