This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
WOT U ALL OF THINK OF TODAYS PAPER???
WOT ARE UR ANSWERS TO THE LAST QUESTION AND THE OTHER MANY HARD ONES........
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I didn't think the paper was drastically bad, though the stuff on at the end on planes, was not too kind as there as so many different methods to master.

The partial fractions question took me far too long, and so I lost the last 4 marks for expanding.

I don't know how to do log to base (anything other than 10) on my calculator so I lost a single mark for that part of the thing on bacteria.

We've seen worse Pure 3 papers, I don't think they'll be as much up roar over this one, as there was on the Edexcel Pure 3.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
yeah i couldnt do the vector question either cause i got mixed up though i know how i could have done it know, i couldnt do the intergration to find t when x is exactly 2

the first page wasd going well i could do all of them then it went downhill. i forgot how to expand the partial fraction.

this was prob the worst maths paper i have taken - out of p2 and m1 which i took the year.
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That partial fraction was a bit of a *****, but was certainly do able, though I didn't have time to put it through McLaurins in full as it took too much time doing the fraction in the first place.

The parametric stuff, was alright, it is just a matter of learning the proceedure, rather than understanding it.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads