GAP Year with Regard to Top-Up Fees

Watch
This discussion is closed.
adk
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Firstly, will there be a surge of entries to Universities for 2005 entry, as people try to get in there, before the top-up fees are introduced in 2006? Will this make it slightly more difficult to get in?

Surely a lot less people will take a gap year during 2005-2006 because of this, and therefore it's beneficial (if money isn't really a problem), to wait until 2006 to apply.

Views.. guys (and girls)?!
ruthiepoothie
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by adk)
Firstly, will there be a surge of entries to Universities for 2005 entry, as people try to get in there, before the top-up fees are introduced in 2006? Will this make it slightly more difficult to get in?

Surely a lot less people will take a gap year during 2005-2006 because of this, and therefore it's beneficial (if money isn't really a problem), to wait until 2006 to apply.

Views.. guys (and girls)?!
i personally don't think it will make that much of a difference.....you don't have to pay the money back until after you graduate...
however, i do think slightly more people will apply in 2004 for 2005 than normal, and slightly less for 2006- but don't base your decision on that...take a gap year if you want to and you are going to do something worthwhile with it...but don't take one just becauase you think you have a better chance of getting in in 2006.....cos you won't have if you have taken a gap year purely for that reason...

Ruthie
xxxx
samd294
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I read anarticle in the times this weekend about a possible 25% rise in applicants for 2005, I think this is a maximum estimate, based on the fact that nobody will go on a gap year that year, and university application rates will continue to rise in the same way as they did last year. 25% seems very unlikely. On the upside, if this is true and you decide to take a gap year or reapply for 2006, you probly have a far greater chance of getting in.
adk
(Original post by samd294)
I read anarticle in the times this weekend about a possible 25% rise in applicants for 2005, I think this is a maximum estimate, based on the fact that nobody will go on a gap year that year, and university application rates will continue to rise in the same way as they did last year. 25% seems very unlikely. On the upside, if this is true and you decide to take a gap year or reapply for 2006, you probly have a far greater chance of getting in.
Good. I'm having a gap year irrespective of this, but it is very good, as an added bonus.
adk
?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (351)
83.97%
No (67)
16.03%

Watched Threads