NHS Numeracy and Literacy test Watch

Moon1234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all, so i made this account just to share my experience of doing the NHS numeracy and literacy test as i also looked for information online before doing mine and couldn't really find anything, so i hope someone finds this useful.
I had to do this test for an Occupational therapy assistant job role i applied for however i think the test is the same for all healthcare band 2/3/4 jobs (If not i'm sorry for the wrong info).
So the test was electronic and lasted for two hours, it was entirely up to us which test we wanted to start off with. I started with Numeracy because i knew it would take me longer to complete as i haven't done any maths since school which was over 6yrs ago (and i was right it took me 1hr and 15 mins).
For the Numeracy test i would recommend you to revise fractions and know how to know which fraction is bigger and which is smaller for example 1/2, 3/4, 4/5, 3/7 (I just made that up but you have to know how to answer those types of questions). Also make sure you know how to convert units of measurements (10mm - 1cm etc) and how to work out the square of an area and lines of symmetry etc. That's all i can remember for maths but the test felt like it was going forever to be honest which made me worry a little as i didn't know when it was going to end, there was nothing on the screen that indicated which number question i was on.
For the Literacy test it was the easiest test, took me half an hour to finish but honestly i think my 7 year old cousin would have smashed it. So i wouldn't worry about that one and would recommend you to focus more on maths.
You will find out your result straight after each test, I got a mix of level 1 and level 2 for Maths and all level 2 for English. So i'm through to the interview which is next week, if anyone could share with me their interview experiences i would really appreciate that.
Feel free to ask me anything and good luck if your test is soon, its really nothing to worry about.
X
dogs4eva7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Moon1234)
x
Which hospital is this for?
Moon1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by jenigma)
QE Hospital
dogs4eva7
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
QE Hospital
Ah cool, usually it's handwritten so I was jw
tbakare
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
could it be the same for office jobs like admin co-ordinator.
tbakare
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
QE Hospital
Do u mean queen Elizabeth hospital
Moon1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by tbakare)
could it be the same for office jobs like admin co-ordinator.
I'm not too sure, its a general numeracy and literacy test so I would imagine it's the same for all level 1&2 tests.
Also yes I mean queen Elizabeth
Kassy30
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I applied for a Pharmacy Assistant role in a Hospital and was invited for an interview. In the interview letter it also stated that I will do the Numeracy and Literacy test. Can someone confirm if they have done anything to that effect. I am worried about Numeracy test as I know they turn to ask very funny questions as Moon pointed out so i am very nervous lol. Any advice
HayleyHHHH
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,

Hope you see this in time-

How was the test, I have an interview for the same job! I'm worried about the tests,

Thanks
Katiebabe 1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im really worried as my maths and English is not quite that good at all and i dunno if to do it or not i can answer most questions on care or anything like it i guess you can't be good at everything my test is Wednesday any advice
Nabilahussain123
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jenigma)
Luton and dunstable hosptial
Katiebabe 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The qe i failed by 4 marks i was gutted
Swiit
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How long did it take you to know whether you have passed or not wrote mine yesterday and haven’t heard anything yet
alicecamp1234
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hiI'm going for these test on Monday, i am so nervous as i really want this jobI am crap at maths, think my 9 year old daughter is better at Maths than me..loli'm just worried ill get panic and start answering with wrong answersplus seeing some others questions and answers on here i see that they ask about fractions and such, im definitely no goodwith fractions or percentageoh no, ive failed before ive even starteddoes any one know, are sat in a room with loads of people, how is the set up?
Oranges48
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiI found your post very useful as i have a written driving theory test followed by numeracy and literacy test on Wednesday for a trainee ambulance technician. I have looked on many forums and your post was the first one that gave me an insight to what i might be asked. I have no idea what the questions will be so i have been revising multiplication and diversion as Maths has never been my strong point and i left school 30 years ago! I hope you were sucessful with your interview.
Alison1205
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HiHow did you do in your test, what was the room setup like?
warren8808
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi i have the same at the end of June. you ll have to tell me how you got on please
Natalie1106
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi, how did your interview go? Can I ask what it was like? In full detail? I have mine on the 19th (July). Its for a community healthcare assistant placement so its something i really want. I am horrendous at maths. I just do not think logically. If you can help in any way regarding the maths department, how you revised, where you got your revision from, what sort of questions should i be prepared for, i would be extremely grateful!
MA78
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
How did you get on with your assessments? I’ve got the same assessments for Saturday and don’t know what to expect
MA78
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Oranges48)
HiI found your post very useful as i have a written driving theory test followed by numeracy and literacy test on Wednesday for a trainee ambulance technician. I have looked on many forums and your post was the first one that gave me an insight to what i might be asked. I have no idea what the questions will be so i have been revising multiplication and diversion as Maths has never been my strong point and i left school 30 years ago! I hope you were sucessful with your interview.
How did you get on?ive got the same assessments for Saturday and don’t really know what to expect .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads