Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've given up on Systems, I might ven drop it, but the rest are going okay, even Maths :eek:

98% in ICT coursework - not bad!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I've given up on Systems, I might ven drop it, but the rest are going okay, even Maths :eek:

98% in ICT coursework - not bad!
    What do you expect to get on Systems (what is it, anyway?).

All my subjects are going okay but I can't even tell anyone what I think I'll get, because I just don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    LOL, I couldn't be arsed much with my coursework... I did it to a great standard but that's all I've done, I only start working if I know I have too.

True... although you sort of can slip back and stop listening at all because you think you're much too good for GCSE work

What grades are you predicted?

grades that I'm not happy with and everyone else can't seem to understand why...

mostly A's and A*'s with a couple of B's...

I got so fed up with coursework that I didn't do my last science one... but it was ok because I still had 57/60 but couldn't be bothered to do a whole coursework for 3 marks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessParadox)
    I'm in such despair!
    I've been getting bad marks in my mocks for the subjects i expected to do well in and my other subjects i was predicted poor grades anyway...
    not something i'm used to as a gcse straight A student... and i've been trying soo hard
    can someone please give me some words of comfort i feel so disheartened
    A level is harder than GCSE and the teacher almost holds your hand, guding you through it, but at A level you have to work on your own initiative, so it is harder. It could be you just chose the wrong subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

grades that I'm not happy with and everyone else can't seem to understand why...

mostly A's and A*'s with a couple of B's...

I got so fed up with coursework that I didn't do my last science one... but it was ok because I still had 57/60 but couldn't be bothered to do a whole coursework for 3 marks...
    Does that top bit mean like a C would make someone really happy, but not you? 'Cause you've missed a word out? If it does, I know exactly what you mean.

There's no point of me saying what I'm predicted, because I think noo... way too high, I wont get them, I think the teachers just make them up.

57/60! That's well good! Mine isn't that high, but then I can't do science.

ReputationRep:
    Does that top bit mean like a C would make someone really happy, but not you? 'Cause you've missed a word out? If it does, I know exactly what you mean.

There's no point of me saying what I'm predicted, because I think noo... way too high, I wont get them, I think the teachers just make them up.

57/60! That's well good! Mine isn't that high, but then I can't do science.

The top bit means that I'm not happy with my predicted grades, but when I say that my friends are like "why?" you make us feel bad etc etc, but yeah I mean kind of what like you mean...

For subjects I'm predicted an A* in, I'm like "swearing word" no way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

The top bit means that I'm not happy with my predicted grades, but when I say that my friends are like "why?" you make us feel bad etc etc, but yeah I mean kind of what like you mean...

For subjects I'm predicted an A* in, I'm like "swearing word" no way
    Same here... I have no exam confidence.

But it's always better to think and tell everyone you think you've done bad, for back up.

ReputationRep:

But it's always better to think and tell everyone you think you've done bad, for back up.
    I usually genuinely (sp) think I've done bad...

ReputationRep:

i love exams, they are a lot better than coursework as you know that you have to do them immediately and you can't just put off starting it to the last possible minute, unlike coursework.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    i love exams, they are a lot better than coursework as you know that you have to do them immediately and you can't just put off starting it to the last possible minute, unlike coursework.
    Yep, same here...

Coursework sucks

ReputationRep:
    Yep, same here...

Coursework sucks
    I have never been good at coursework, I even was put in for the GCSE maths coursework paper, which, incidently, I did much better on than my actual coursework grades.

ReputationRep:
    A level is harder than GCSE and the teacher almost holds your hand, guding you through it, but at A level you have to work on your own initiative, so it is harder. It could be you just chose the wrong subjects
    I'd never hold any of my teachers' hands! Not even brushing fingure (sp!!!!!) tips!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I'd never hold any of my teachers' hands! Not even brushing fingure (sp!!!!!) tips!
    It was a figure of speech. The teacher always told you what to do, rather than leaving it up to you. For example, at GCSE, you were given a worksheet to do in class which you had to finish, whereas at A level you might be given a study assignment with no extra material and be left to your own resources.

ReputationRep:
    It was a figure of speech. The teacher always told you what to do, rather than leaving it up to you. For example, at GCSE, you were given a worksheet to do in class which you had to finish, whereas at A level you might be given a study assignment with no extra material and be left to your own resources.
    Suppose so, but it also depends on the the school and the teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    Suppose so, but it also depends on the the school and the teacher
    at GCSE we would never have been told 'I want notes on this, this and this in 3 weeks' and then just left us to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessParadox)
    English is the one that's stressing me out
    I hate the texts we're doing and the teacher we have
    This was a subject i absolutely loved before
    It's also one that's difficult to wokr towards because a lot is to do with natural flair
    Me 2 i hate english really and it's so hard to get an A

ReputationRep:
    at GCSE we would never have been told 'I want notes on this, this and this in 3 weeks' and then just left us to it.
    true

EDIT: how's that for spam?

ReputationRep:
    i GCSE biology i got to do 2 courseworks
    but in a level is just a few praticals but must be up to that standard.
    personally i perfer A level because i think coursework are just waste of time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i GCSE biology i got to do 2 courseworks
    but in a level is just a few praticals but must be up to that standard.
    personally i perfer A level because i think coursework are just waste of time!!
    For some people, coursework saves them from failing, but for others, like me, it is very difficult to get motived to actually do it all.

ReputationRep:
    For some people, coursework saves them from failing, but for others, like me, it is very difficult to get motived to actually do it all.
    yeah i don't think there should be coursework really
    it is just another way to 'cheat' really.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.