So there's a rape culture among students but not among Pakistani Muslims? Watch

KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
It's funny. Left wing media such as the Guardian will happily rattle on about there being a "rape culture" in student life, but when it turns out that thousands of young girls have been raped, trafficked and even tortured by specifically Pakistani Muslim grooming gangs in Rotherham and Manchester, if someone suggests that they may have a rape culture, the left wing media will immediately start spouting the usual cries of 'bigotry', 'racism', and 'Islamophobia'.

As a liberal, it actually shames me to be associated with these morons.

EDIT: Some people seem to be immediately going for knee-jerk reactions (as usual) and thinking this is a criticism of Pakistani Muslims. This time, it's not. I don't believe there is a rape culture among Pakistani Muslims any more than I think there is a rape culture among university students. The term 'rape culture' is just meaningless rhetoric. The purpose of this post is to point out the hypocrisy found in left-wing media.
Chicken Bacon
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingBradly)
It's funny. Left wing media such as the Guardian will happily rattle on about there being a "rape culture" in student life, but when it turns out that thousands of young girls have been raped, trafficked and even tortured by specifically Pakistani Muslim grooming gangs in Rotherham and Manchester, if someone suggests that they may have a rape culture, the left wing media will immediately start spouting the usual cries of 'bigotry', 'racism', and 'Islamophobia'.

I'm not pakistani, but I can tell you that it's important to understand and realise that a small minority of Pakistani muslims acting a certain way can not and should not be linked to pakistani muslim culture.

It's a minority that will raise attention whatever the case, and we as humans should acknowledge this and act not in a way to indicate it's a cultral or religious aspect of ones life, rather it's just disgusting human behavior in general.
Marky Mark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You rant all the time. You're not a racist or a bigot just someone who loves to say his bit AND more. :rolleyes:
paradoxicalme
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)
I'm not pakistani, but I can tell you that it's important to understand and realise that a small minority of Pakistani muslims acting a certain way can not and should not be linked to pakistani muslim culture.

It's a minority that will raise attention whatever the case, and we as humans should acknowledge this and act not in a way to indicate it's a cultral or religious aspect of ones life, rather it's just disgusting human behavior in general.
To be fair, it's also a minority of students that are raping people. Saying that there's a rape culture does not mean that all, or most, Pakistani Muslims are rapists or condone rape - it's saying that there is a culture that has such views of women as allow a minority of Pakistani Muslims to think that rape is okay.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
yes, religion is stupid and evil, we've been over this.
geoking
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no rape culture. Culture would describe something widespread and accepted by a large proportion of people e.g. Pop culture.

There is nowhere that im aware of that has rape high enough for it to be considered a culture. Anyone in this country talking about it is merely scare mongering.
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You couldnt make it up could you?
Mumsnet feminists have hardly even covered this, and even then it took them weeks to start a thread on it.
The forum is thick with marxists who studiously avoid discussing it.
Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
n00
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
You couldnt make it up could you?
Mumsnet feminists have hardly even covered this, and even then it took them weeks to start a thread on it.
The forum is thick with marxists who studiously avoid discussing it.
Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
Odd, I've not seen you talking about Elm Guest House or Kincora or the Westminster paedophile ring, hypocrisy much?
HiInternet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The Guardian doesn't care about white people. Remember that white boy bullied to death for being white by Asians? they covered that up and instead I remember a Guardian article by some Asian woman talking about how her kid was the only Asian in school.
caravaggio2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by geoking)
There is no rape culture. Culture would describe something widespread and accepted by a large proportion of people e.g. Pop culture.

There is nowhere that im aware of that has rape high enough for it to be considered a culture. Anyone in this country talking about it is merely scare mongering.

You want a good example of rape culture?
Next time you see a school boy that has been groomed and raped by by a woman, often in a position of trust, check out the way the media handles it,
Checkout the terminology used,"they were in a relationship"
Checkout the sentence handed down compared to a man raping a13 girl.
Best of all checkout the number of people posting on here saying how lucky he is and how most lads his age would give anything to be in the clutches of a 40yr old woman.
That is rape culture.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marky Mark)
You rant all the time. You're not a racist or a bigot just someone who loves to say his bit AND more. :rolleyes:
Instead of making ad-hominem remarks, why not actually take some time to consider my post?
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by iAre Teh Lejend)

Yeh, that's irrelevant. I don't even believe there's a 'rape culture' among Pakistanis. I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy of accusing student life of being a 'rape culture' because there was some bad taste club night, whilst rejecting the idea of there being rape culture among Pakistani Muslim culture after thousands of kids have been systematically raped by Pakistani Muslim grooming gangs.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by cole-slaw)
yes, religion is stupid and evil, we've been over this.
I'm not even complaining about religion. I'm complaining about the left-wing media.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not even complaining about religion. I'm complaining about the left-wing media.
The media, both left wing and right wing, are stupid and corrupt, often at the same time. Everyone knows this.

Solution: stop reading newspapers.
KingBradly
Rep:
?
(Original post by cole-slaw)
The media, both left wing and right wing, are stupid and corrupt, often at the same time. Everyone knows this.

Solution: stop reading newspapers.
Yeh I definitely agree with the first part of this, but I don't believe everyone knows this. I think it's fair to say that everyone accepts that right-wing media is very biased and stupid, but I don't think the same can be said of the left-wing. Plenty of people seem to genuinely live in a binary world where only rights and lefts, and total rights and total wrongs, exist.

Reuters is the only thing I bother looking at these days.
AuldReekie123
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The silence amongst the left and from feminists about the biggest single rape scandal in modern Britain is deafening.
Juan Mata
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Tyrion Lannister thinks there's more of a rape culture in Britain than Pakistan lmao
james22
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lots of people missing the point here. The OP is pointing out hypocracy, not saying that there is a rape culture in Pakistani muslims.
DErasmus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i'm more concerned about what they're doing to the English language. How the **** can there be a rape culture? Is modern art that bad?
billydisco
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

EDIT: Some people seem to be immediately going for knee-jerk reactions (as usual) and thinking this is a criticism of Pakistani Muslims. This time, it's not. I don't believe there is a rape culture among Pakistani Muslims any more than I think there is a rape culture among university students. The term 'rape culture' is just meaningless rhetoric. The purpose of this post is to point out the hypocrisy found in left-wing media.
Stop pussying out and being PC- there is a rape problem in Islam! India also has a rape culture.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (178)
23.99%
Pop (182)
24.53%
Jazz (30)