The Student Room Group

GIRLS!!! How do I text a girl I like?

HOW DO I MAKE HER LAUGH AND MISS ME WHEN WE'RE NOT TEXTING?

Okay here's the 8 point lowdown:

1. I meet a girl, but she's moving away soon as by the time I meet her, we're about to graduate. In terms of texts, she responds occasionally and on those occasions is enthusiastic. BUT the last few texts seem to be more about me helping her to shop for last minute leaving things and she doesn't turn up on the day she tells me. When she moves abroad, her UK number is no longer valid.

2. When she moves abroad and starts working, we communicate on an instant messenger (IM) between our offices daily. She initiates nearly all of the time and flirts with lots of banter.

3. I then get another job and take it. I tell her and give her my email. For some reason I couldn't summon the will to ask for her whatsapp number. BUT the emails get delivered to her IM feed, so it's like IMing.

4. I try the email IM communication, but find I'm initiating all the time and she hardly responds. I give it a few months as I wean myself off this crush. Then I cave as I miss her when I see a picture of her on my linkedin.

5. I send email, we have a conversation throughout the day as messages bounce back and forth. But she leaves me hanging at the end of the day. Frustrated I decide that's it. Then she initiates the very next day to my surprise.

6. The following week I muster the courage to send her an message and then ask her whether she uses whatsapp. She responds and gives me a number.

7. I text her on the weekend in the evening. She responds after 20 minutes, but given the time difference I don't see it till morning. I respond. Within another 3 hours she responds and laughs at the joke and ends with a u too!

8. I don't know what to do.. am nervous to text her on whatsapp in case she ignores me. I can see that she is pretty active throughout the day.

How should I text her? She is 5 hours behind in terms of time difference. How do you text a girl and get her heart racing for you and so she wants to have a conversation and initiate?

It seemed much easier on the IM chat where we bantered. But I can't seem to bring myself to whatsapp her whilst she's at work for fear of no response.
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaspreet123

It seemed much easier on the IM chat where we bantered. But I can't seem to bring myself to whatsapp her whilst she's at work for fear of no response.

Oh for the love of money. She's a human being. She has other things to do in her day besides message you. Do you honestly expect her to be sat next to her phone waiting for your message to come through? 'Oh Romeo, Oh Romeo, please send me another message via thy WhatsApp Romeo'.

Message her and wait patiently as an adult would. If she's not interested then she's not interested.
Reply 2
Original post by Black Hippy
Oh for the love of money. She's a human being. She has other things to do in her day besides message you. Do you honestly expect her to be sat next to her phone waiting for your message to come through? 'Oh Romeo, Oh Romeo, please send me another message via thy WhatsApp Romeo'.

Message her and wait patiently as an adult would. If she's not interested then she's not interested.

I know, but I mean, so have I. I always take the time to respond to her. And she used to always initiate on IM. In terms of texting, I feel nervous to initiate for fear of rejection.

When we IM'ed, she responded all the time. Email, she responded occasionally. Texts, so far she has responded every time. But I'm worried she might stop.

I'm nervous to text her, I want to make her laugh and relight the fire we had on IM.
Reply 3
How do you text a girl regularly and make her laugh?
Reply 4

Text her just how are you to get the convo going then add a humorous relevant line. Try to develop inside jokes and tease her. Girls love to be tease.

Make her laugh and contact her regularly/everyday and then stop. Then she will miss you. Wish her a good weekend as a start.

Reading your post, it sounds like this girl is into you. She probably misses the regular contact and maybe has a shortish attention span. She missed you when she moved, and then struggled to get it going again.

Just pretend your IM-ing. Only thing is if she's at work, then text now and again not continuosly.
Graduate? ?? Isn't graduation til July 2015??!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Sounds like this girl might have attention issues:
1. She forgets about you being there for her
2. She craves attention and loves it
3. She loves when you give her that attention, because she likes it.

Having said that, I think she may like you. I think she did really like you earlier on. If not for the move, she may have actually wanted to bed you.

Right now keep flirting and she may want to make a bang bang visit!
Reply 7
Original post by Black Hippy

Okay any suggestions for what I can message her to make her laugh and keep her interested? I'm nervous around her/texting her. I really do like her.

Original post by spatel3
Sounds like this girl might have attention issues:
1. She forgets about you being there for her
2. She craves attention and loves it
3. She loves when you give her that attention, because she likes it.

Having said that, I think she may like you. I think she did really like you earlier on. If not for the move, she may have actually wanted to bed you.

Right now keep flirting and she may want to make a bang bang visit!

Hahaha I mean I do like her and I love her flirting too. But she does call me buddy or friend, but I'm fine with that too. I just enjoy talking to her and her company. Yes she is also pretty, but I get nervous talking to her.

How can I text and make her laugh? And what to do so she starts initiating again? Should I play hard to get, and wait now that I have her number?

Original post by spatel3
Text her just how are you to get the convo going then add a humorous relevant line. Try to develop inside jokes and tease her. Girls love to be tease.

Make her laugh and contact her regularly/everyday and then stop. Then she will miss you. Wish her a good weekend as a start.

Reading your post, it sounds like this girl is into you. She probably misses the regular contact and maybe has a shortish attention span. She missed you when she moved, and then struggled to get it going again.

Just pretend your IM-ing. Only thing is if she's at work, then text now and again not continuosly.

Okay, but how often to text? Now I have her number, should I tease her and play hard to get?

Original post by lozasaurus99
Graduate? ?? Isn't graduation til July 2015??!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just graduated, so did she.
Reply 8
"Hey, I like you. Let's **** and make beautiful babies." Bare in mind that there is a 50% chance of getting rejected. But it's worth the risk.
Reply 9
Original post by Ecro
"Hey, I like you. Let's **** and make beautiful babies." Bare in mind that there is a 50% chance of getting rejected. But it's worth the risk.

Ha only thing is that's a bit too strong. She also lives abroad at the moment but will visit soon I guess.

I normally text her how she is and having a good weekend kind of stuff, but what do you reckon? How to up the sexual tension, but not come off as desperate or put her off replying?
Reply 10
Ha only thing is that's a bit too strong. She also lives abroad at the moment but will visit soon I guess.

I normally text her how she is and having a good weekend kind of stuff, but what do you reckon? How to up the sexual tension, but not come off as desperate or put her off replying?

Yes, it is a little "too strong" but you will know if she wants to bang you or not. If she doesn't, well, you will know it is time to move on.
Reply 11

:colondollar::colondollar:just message me mate :wink: if you know what i mean
Reply 12
Original post by Ecro
Yes, it is a little "too strong" but you will know if she wants to bang you or not. If she doesn't, well, you will know it is time to move on.

Yeah but she lives far away. At the very least I want to be friends with her. I don't want her out of my life completely which might happen if I send such a message.

I don't think all girls would take too kindly to a "Let's bang" message.
Reply 13
Original post by nixonb
:colondollar::colondollar:just message me mate :wink: if you know what i mean

Your recommendations?

I want to make this girl laugh and miss me when we're not texting..
Reply 14
Yeah but she lives far away. At the very least I want to be friends with her. I don't want her out of my life completely which might happen if I send such a message.

I don't think all girls would take too kindly to a "Let's bang" message.

Well, of course they won't. Because, I assume, you always act passive and wait for their signs. And if you have been passive all that time, of course, she is going to be startled or something like that.
Reply 15
Original post by Ecro
Well, of course they won't. Because, I assume, you always act passive and wait for their signs. And if you have been passive all that time, of course, she is going to be startled or something like that.

Nah I flirted with her all the time. She used to respond cheekily and fish for info on whether I had a girlfriend. Now she's toned down a bit.

But I want to get it naughty again. Just not "let's bang right now" right now. Save the best for last right?!

Advice?
Reply 16
Nah I flirted with her all the time. She used to respond cheekily and fish for info on whether I had a girlfriend. Now she's toned down a bit.

But I want to get it naughty again. Just not "let's bang right now" right now. Save the best for last right?!

Advice?

:biggrin: :biggrin: The let's bang **** wasn't serious. Lol. I don't really have any advice. Oh, no. One. Don't ask "Do you want to do that or that?" but I found out that "Let's do that and that." I mean, it works for me. I mean, not the exact phrase, but the fact that I am being straight forward to the point. I don't really know. :biggrin:
x

Part of a recent convo I had that eventually led to banging (girl was in the same city btw):

Me: Yo how was your weekend?
Her: It is good! Thanks. How was yours?
Me: My weekend was a nightmare!
Her: Why? What happened?
Me: My sidekick didn't show on Saturday. I had to save all the drunk people by myself, it was exhausting! And on Sunday all my clothes turned pink in the laundry :-(
Her: LOL so you're a superhero? I think pink will suit you!
Me: Of course, by day I study ______, by night I prevent drunk people from falling over. But I need to recruit a new sidekick now :-( You wouldn't be saying that if you saw my pink underwear :-p
Her: lol where can one apply to be your sidekick? And what's the pay like? :-p Boxers or briefs?
Me: You can send your CV and covering letter to (my email address). There's no pay, but you do get free dental care :-p Boxers!

There was more to the conversation, but the point is to be funny, flirt and tease her a little. Develop some inside jokes as well. Then when she comes back she'll want to hang out/see you. Your main problem right now is that she lives abroad at the moment - so don't get too paranoid about her not replying back straight away.
Reply 18
Original post by Ecro
:biggrin: :biggrin: The let's bang **** wasn't serious. Lol. I don't really have any advice. Oh, no. One. Don't ask "Do you want to do that or that?" but I found out that "Let's do that and that." I mean, it works for me. I mean, not the exact phrase, but the fact that I am being straight forward to the point. I don't really know. :biggrin:

Okay so confidence, got it
Stop being so wet for a start

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending