HELPP I'm going to end up with only 2 A-Levels :'( Watch

lachachacha
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm doing 3 A2s and I'm predicted AAB, the B being in French even though I only got a C at AS (I'm retaking the AS French exams so my teacher agreed to predict me up a grade) anyhow, I reckon I'm going to get a U. I find it immensely difficult and eughh. I find my other 2 subjects absolutely fine, easy in fact. I feel like if I had taken a different subject I could get AAA but because I took French I'm going to get AAE or even AAU!

So my question is what will happen if I get AAE/AAU ? Will I still be able to get in to university? I got a C in the AS level which I dropped if that helps

I want to do Law btw and I'm hoping to go to Bristol (I go to a ''low performing school'' so I'm on the contextual offers list) I'm am literally so stressed about this!
BestProfileName
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lachachacha)
I'm doing 3 A2s and I'm predicted AAB, the B being in French even though I only got a C at AS (I'm retaking the AS French exams so my teacher agreed to predict me up a grade) anyhow, I reckon I'm going to get a U. I find it immensely difficult and eughh. I find my other 2 subjects absolutely fine, easy in fact. I feel like if I had taken a different subject I could get AAA but because I took French I'm going to get AAE or even AAU!

So my question is what will happen if I get AAE/AAU ? Will I still be able to get in to university? I got a C in the AS level which I dropped if that helps

I want to do Law btw and I'm hoping to go to Bristol (I go to a ''low performing school'' so I'm on the contextual offers list) I'm am literally so stressed about this!
GCSEs and A Levels are so easy that when you're 25 looking back you'll wonder why you even worried about them. I'm confident that unless you have some particular disorder of the brain, you can get an A in French. There is NOTHING you cannot understand at A Level assuming you do sufficient study. It's irksome, but it's not as irksome as finding that you're not able to go to University. Take it back up. How much effort did you have to put in to get the C? To get a C at AS, most people normally have to not study enough. I imagine that if you spent one hour a day on it, unless you've got some incredible mental block, that will go up to an A.

Edit: I mean, some people get offers of AAC for some things and then achieve ABD and sometimes still get in. These Universities are normally not as highly ranked as Bristol though, AND they're still three A Levels. Surely it is best not to risk it?
Puffin Boffin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
We'll they will probs give you an offer, then they may accept you anyway even with lower grades. If not during clearing many universities will accept people with grades like or worse than that so you will be sure to still go somewhere

Don't worry and try to focus on improving your confidence, I'm sure it's just back-to-school blues and it will go. If your really struggling talk to your teachers and try and practice with apps like duo lingo or lingiscope to name just two examples.

Don't worry as I'm sure you'll be fine! The best piece of advice I can give is don't worry and try to focus

Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed