St Hugh's College (Oxford) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
oh ok, cheers :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 61
I'm an impending Fresher too :biggrin: No intimidating reading lists as of yet though.... but I am having a packing dilemma! :p:
Reply 62
.Elphaba.
I'm an impending Fresher too :biggrin: No intimidating reading lists as of yet though.... but I am having a packing dilemma! :p:

Ditto on the packing front, I have way too much stuff that I want to take and not nearly enough car space...

What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 63
intellectualis
I think you'll enjoy going to the R2D2!

R2D2?

I havent even started packing :s-smilie: thats for sunday..
I haven't even started my maths work yet...god, I'm going to fail so damn hard.
kabbers
R2D2?

I havent even started packing :s-smilie: thats for sunday..

I imagine its refering to the rad cam, though Ive never heard it called that.
Reply 66
Reverie.
Ditto on the packing front, I have way too much stuff that I want to take and not nearly enough car space...

What are you studying? :smile:

EP - we're a rare species it seems! :p: And if you see someone rocking up in a van, it's probably me.... :cool:
Reply 67
Haha, cool - you'll be able to fit loooads of stuff in a van!

EP sounds really interesting. :yes:
Reply 68
So does English! :biggrin:

Quick question, has anyone gotten their payments from the Student Loans Company yet? Mine was meant to go through on the 1st but they said it would take 3-5 working days so I presume it's okay that it hasn't yet, I'm just a bit worried about the £1018 maintenance charge that we need to pay when we get there... anyone from last year, had your payment not come through? :s-smilie:
Reply 69
.Elphaba.

Quick question, has anyone gotten their payments from the Student Loans Company yet? Mine was meant to go through on the 1st but they said it would take 3-5 working days so I presume it's okay that it hasn't yet, I'm just a bit worried about the £1018 maintenance charge that we need to pay when we get there... anyone from last year, had your payment not come through? :s-smilie:

yeah =/ i'm a bit worried as well.. but if you havent received yours either i guess it's ok. we also have to pay a deposit (which i only remembered a couple of days ago :frown: )

edit. thanks martin :smile:
.Elphaba.

Basically this (student loans people cocking up) happens every year so college lets you postdate your cheques to give you an extra couple of weeks.
Reply 71
martin101
Basically this (student loans people cocking up) happens every year so college lets you postdate your cheques to give you an extra couple of weeks.

That's fantastic news, cheers!
Reply 72
Yeah, it says in one of the letters/booklets to postdate it to the 10th, I think.

I'm totally packed now and heading off tomorrow (due to the length of the drive from Scotland). :biggrin:
Reply 73
Ugh, you're lucky! My room looks like the sort of chaos I can't even pretend is organised :rolleyes: Good luck for tomorrow anyway, I guess we'll be seeing you Monday :biggrin:
Reply 74
So: anyone else applying this year?
Reply 75
Well I was supposed to be applying, but at this rate I don't think I will even be considered. My written piece can not be stamped until monday and that is the deadline for the written piece to be in.
I have emailed the admissions office but they have not replied yet.
I have no chance of getting it delivered in time because the postal service finishes early on sunday, so I guess they will probably discount my entire application. I am not the strongest of applicants in the first place.

I'm really worried and sad about this whole admissions process now.
Reply 76
=( Good luck, hope it works out. What are you applying for?
Reply 77
History, I am hopefully going to be driven down there on monday to hand it in personally, although I do not know where I am supposed to hand it in.

Edit:

I got a reply from the head of admissions which confirmed that I could send my piece for tuesday 11th, so I sent it by special guaranteed delivery on monday to arrive tuesday.
So it seems like all is well again, I just hope it arrives.
Reply 78
Dionysia
So: anyone else applying this year?

I am indeed
May I ask why you decided against going to Bristol?
Reply 79
I decided I didn't want to go and I wanted another shot at Oxbridge. I didn't like the course or the atmosphere much and then realised how stupid I was being. Plus a couple of personal reasons which I don't really want to go into.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending