cucaracha
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
On UCAS, I put 'English Literature' in the subject field under Extended Project, but on UCAS Track only 'English Literature' appears - it's listed my EPQ as 'Qualification 1' rather than 'Extended Project'.

Since I already take English Lit A Level, it now looks like I'm taking 2 English Lit courses but on different exam boards :confused:

Will unis actually know that 'qualification 1' is the epq?
cucaracha
Rep:
?
Any help?
BlueSkyeCloudyDay
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cucaracha)
Any help?
EPQ should be its own qualificatin 'level 3 extended project', I believe, NOT an A-level. So re-enter it as that, with the title and enter your english lit a-level separately? Maybe it'd help to post a screenshot?
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by BlueSkyeCloudyDay)
EPQ should be its own qualificatin 'level 3 extended project', I believe, NOT an A-level. So re-enter it as that, with the title and enter your english lit a-level separately? Maybe it'd help to post a screenshot?
They've already submitted their application.

To the OP, if you actually have submitted it as an A Level, you'll probably need to contact the universities directly because there's no way of changing them once you've submitted your UCAS application.
cucaracha
Rep:
?
I entered the qualification as 'Extended Project level 3' on UCAS Apply, with the subject field as 'English Literature', but on UCAS Track it just seems to be called Qualification 1, and the fact that it's an EPQ isn't mentioned at all :s

Here's what I see on UCAS Track:

• Qualification 1
    • Date taken Aug 2015
    • Centre -----
    • Examining body AQA
    • Subject English Literature
    • Grade

• Qualification 3
    • Date taken Aug 2015
    • Centre ------
    • Examining body OCR
    • Grade
    • Module details Title: Unit F663: Drama and Poetry pre-1800 Title: Unit F664: Texts in Time

So the EPQ ('qualification 1') and the A2 Eng Lit ('qualification 3') look like they could both be A Levels in Eng Lit...
I guess I should have put 'EPQ: English Literature' or something in the subject field, but my tutor only said to put English Literature
cucaracha
Rep:
?
(Original post by Chlorophile)
They've already submitted their application.

To the OP, if you actually have submitted it as an A Level, you'll probably need to contact the universities directly because there's no way of changing them once you've submitted your UCAS application.
I don't think I submitted it as an A Level

On UCAS Apply I put this:

Extended Project (level 3)

English Literature 08/2015 AQA

but on UCAS Track it appears as this:

• Qualification 1
    • Date taken Aug 2015
    • Centre -----
    • Examining body AQA
    • Grade
Matriix
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry, I entered it on UCAS the same as you did (under Extended Project) and it appears on Track in the same way as it does on yours. I'm sure universities get more information
BlueSkyeCloudyDay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I entered the qualification as 'Extended Project level 3' on UCAS Apply, with the subject field as 'English Literature', but on UCAS Track it just seems to be called Qualification 1, and the fact that it's an EPQ isn't mentioned at all :s

Here's what I see on UCAS Track:

• Qualification 1
    • Date taken Aug 2015
    • Centre -----
    • Examining body AQA
    • Grade

• Qualification 3
    • Date taken Aug 2015
    • Centre ------
    • Examining body OCR
    • Grade
    • Module details Title: Unit F663: Drama and Poetry pre-1800 Title: Unit F664: Texts in Time

So the EPQ ('qualification 1') and the A2 Eng Lit ('qualification 3') look like they could both be A Levels...
I guess I should have put 'EPQ: English Literature' or something in the subject field, but my tutor only said to put English Literature
Hmm, dw that's how it looks on track. I wonder how unis see it, but no you haven't done anything wrong. It's strange that it doesn't mention EPQ.
cucaracha
Rep:
?
(Original post by Clubba)
Don't worry, I entered it on UCAS the same as you did (under Extended Project) and it appears on Track in the same way as it does on yours. I'm sure universities get more information
That's good to know, thanks

It's annoying how it all looked perfect on Apply and then suddenly it's changed on Track :mad:

I really hope they know it's my EPQ. Why not just show Track as exactly how the universities will see it...
cucaracha
Rep:
?
Hmm, dw that's how it looks on track. I wonder how unis see it, but no you haven't done anything wrong. It's strange that it doesn't mention EPQ.

Okay thank you, so do you think there's any need to contact UCAS or the universities?
BlueSkyeCloudyDay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Okay thank you, so do you think there's any need to contact UCAS or the universities?
Nope. That's just how ucas show it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (690)
33.79%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (871)
42.65%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (390)
19.1%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.46%

Watched Threads