Best Book Series Or Book You Have Read?

Watch
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Mine has got to be: Infernal devices, Tales of the Otori, Magicians Guild + The Novice + The High Lord, Game of the Thrones (I still need to finish the series), The Mortal Instruments (just started, need to finish the whole series by the end of 2014), Fallen (need to finish the Fallen series, too), Undead, The Night Circus and The Death Note (Black Edition) series, if that counts.
I still got a lot of books I really want to read!
happysmile
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy!!!

...and Harry Potter
TheOperaGhost
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My top book series would be the Earth Girl Trilogy by Janet Edwards. It's seriously amazing, I love them. I would also recommend them to everyone, and it's even better because once you finish, there are short stories on her website about the characters and she's probably going to write more soon as well.
The books are easy to get into and the characters are well written, it's just basically an awesome series.

Also, Harry Potter, because it's awesome, and the Goddess Summoning series by P.C Cast.
koocybba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
New Blog Post on Recommeneded Reads just gone up!
We'd appreciate it if you'd check it out

SBW-D.blogspot.com
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series? Harry Potter.
Book? On the Road.
Evening
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series: LOTR
Book: Fiesta: The Sun Also Rises
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lord of the Rings
Artemis Fowl
Darren Shan saga
Harry Potter
Inheritance Saga
Cherub
Alex Rider
Skulduggery Pleasant
Bartimaeus Sequence
Young Bond
Maze Runner
Gatekeepers
Lorien Legacies
Gone series
The Enemy series

These are just some of the series that shaped my childhood and early teens.
username1284913
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness, or Old Kingdom trilogy by Garth Nix. seriously, fantastic book series.
StarvingAutist
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series: The Chronicles of Ancient Darkness.
Book: Crime and Punishment.
wildeskills
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series: The Clifton Chronicles by Jeffrey Archer, even though they are not all released yet.
username1221160
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Applescruff
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A great series is a song of ice and fire. Shame GRRM can't hurry up and finish it...
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series? Probably Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus.
dayumz
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Might get a few eye rolls for this but I'm going to go ahead and say the Harry Potter series. Absolutely packed with life morals and study of character and situations which makes you think hard about your perception on the world, even as subtle and often unnoticed as they are. For kids reading the series, they would learn a damn lot of stuff to change their mindsets and I applaud JK Rowling for making it more than a children's story. I could never forget each time I cried, laughed and learned from those books growing up.
Citipati
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series (I am going to be quite dull) Harry Potter; Leviathan Trilogy; SherlocK Holmes (canon and sub-canon)
Book: Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde; War of The Worlds
interstitial
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
series - bartimaeus trilogy, sprawl trilogy, bzrk, demonata, foundation (asimov)

book - this is such a tricky one! :eek: the best one i can think of right now is avenger by frederick forsyth or maybe cat's cradle by vonnegut
childofthesun
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Series: The mortal instruments
Book:cannot choose
Fatimah21
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Best book: The Hunger Games
Series: Don't have one
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Recently I read a book called Heart Shaped Bruise by Tanya Byrne and that was blinking fantastic. Not many books I've read have come close
The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson makes my top 5 books of all time.
Looking for Alaska is my all-time favourite book.

As for book series: Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz is one of the series that truly solidified my love of reading, The Hunger Games and Divergent were brilliant although the last book of both let them down a little bit, and Chris Brookmyre's recurring Angel X funny detective books are possibly one of my new favourite genres, although I haven't finished reading them all yet.
Jackatron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would recommend reading
The Humans by Matt Haigh! It is excellent

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (95)
28.44%
No - I have already returned home (44)
13.17%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (62)
18.56%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (33)
9.88%
No - I live at home during term anyway (100)
29.94%

Watched Threads