The Student Room Group

Retakes- June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I'm very confused about something that isn't clarified properly, if you could answer it I would be really grateful.

I am Private student outside England taking Edexcel and CIE IAL Examinations.

1. If I'm taking my AS modules in June 2016, does that mean I can take A2 in Janurary/June 2017 separately, with the same course syllabus?

2. Is there any changes to the course syllabus to the June 2016 AS modules - specifically for Edexcel Chemistry and Physics?
Original post by Stoke123
Hey,
I'm very confused about something that isn't clarified properly, if you could answer it I would be really grateful.

I am Private student outside England taking Edexcel and CIE IAL Examinations.

1. If I'm taking my AS modules in June 2016, does that mean I can take A2 in Janurary/June 2017 separately, with the same course syllabus?

2. Is there any changes to the course syllabus to the June 2016 AS modules - specifically for Edexcel Chemistry and Physics?

1. Yes
2. No

IAL are unaffected by the changes being implemented for A levels in England

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gdunne42
1. Yes
2. No

IAL are unaffected by the changes being implemented for A levels in England

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for clearing up my situation!
If you retake an AS exam in June 2016 and do worse than the previous year, can you keep the old grade? :tongue:
Original post by Larry_Grr
If you retake an AS exam in June 2016 and do worse than the previous year, can you keep the old grade? :tongue:

Yes that's how resits work for uk modular A levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Larry_Grr

Your best attempt at any A level unit is the one that will count towards the final grade. (Current/outgoing specs).
Do you think the grade boundaries will be higher as everyone is resitting?
Reply 87
Would i still be able to resit a single module in As maths in june 2017
Original post by emmz2123
Would i still be able to resit a single module in As maths in june 2017

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
So to summarise, the new syllabus won't effect those retaking a level exams this year?
Hi Im sitting c1 c2 aqa maths this year summer 2016 , i was wondering if i could resit these exams next yer ? summer 2017??
Original post by Wisteria_xo
Hi Im sitting c1 c2 aqa maths this year summer 2016 , i was wondering if i could resit these exams next yer ? summer 2017??

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 92
Hello,

I was wondering if I would be able to resit my Unit 2, Edexcel AS Level Geography (Did current one in 2016 this summer) exam paper next year. Is it possible to resit just one paper or would I have to re-do the whole thing again?
Original post by Shad4w
I was wondering if I would be able to resit my Unit 2, Edexcel AS Level Geography (Did current one in 2016 this summer) exam paper next year. Is it possible to resit just one paper or would I have to re-do the whole thing again?

You can do a single unit.
Reply 94
Original post by Compost
You can do a single unit.

Even if there will be a new spec next year? I will still be doing the old one, right?
Original post by Shad4w
Even if there will be a new spec next year? I will still be doing the old one, right?

Yes. The draft timetables are out for next year already, you can check.
Reply 96
Original post by Compost
Yes. The draft timetables are out for next year already, you can check.

Thank you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Shad4w
Can you link me to it? That would be really helpful! Thank you.

Or you could do what I'd have to do, which is go on the Edexcel website and search for 2017 timetable.
Reply 98
I started my GCSEs summer 2016 would I be able to resit in 2017 with the same (old) syllabus?
Original post by Evs.al
I started my GCSEs summer 2016 would I be able to resit in 2017 with the same (old) syllabus?

When you say started, do you mean you are taking the exams this Summer?
If yes, then you can re-sit next summer.

Quick Reply

Latest