The Student Room Group

Do I need maths

I would like to go to the USA for further study. I am being told that I have to take Maths atleast up to AS level since the American universities require 12 years of Maths minimum. Can anyone she any light on this?
Nope. It's more of an issue with the Canadian schools, although they are quite insistent on having "traditional subjects." So try to take at least two-three of English, Maths, a science, a humanity or a language. Media Studies, Food Tech etc need not apply
Reply 2
So I should be ok with Biology, Economics and Business studies?

or am i better of with Biology Economics and Sociology
Reply 3
Original post by tania880
So I should be ok with Biology, Economics and Business studies?

or am i better of with Biology Economics and Sociology

I don't think it matters whether you take business studies or sociology since neither are traditional subjects. Biology and economics are good, though.
Reply 4
Original post by Emypeach
I don't think it matters whether you take business studies or sociology since neither are traditional subjects. Biology and economics are good, though.

is psychcolgy a traditional sunject
Reply 5
is psychcolgy a traditional sunject

Not really. Traditional ones would be English, maths, languages, history, geography, sciences (biology, physics and chemistry) etc.
Reply 6
As an American student, we are pretty much forced to take these requirements: 4 yrs English & math, 3 yrs foreign language, 3 yrs science & history/social studies. Hope this helps. Some US schools will require 4 years of science & history depending on which school and what degree you're applying for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
I would like to go to the USA for further study. I am being told that I have to take Maths atleast up to AS level since the American universities require 12 years of Maths minimum. Can anyone she any light on this?

The subject requirements listed above don't apply to students that study a different curriculum, only mean't for students that are in the US or study an American based curriculum. Just make sure you take traditional subjects and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending