Jokernaut218
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,
I've done Physics and Pure Mathematics last year (full Alevel) and this year I'm doing another two full Alevels in Economics and Accounting. Plus, I'm doing further AS Mathematics.
I'm interested in doing another AS Level provided it is:
1) Easy
2) Able to be self taught ie. through a specific book etc.
3) Doesn't have any coursework
4) Not very time consuming
5) Preferably an Art/Humanities subject as I want to study Economics in University.
6) Preferably Edexcel or CIE
Note: I'm not interested in Business Studies, General Studies, Critical Thinking or Languages

I would really really appreciate all suggestions and please mention their respective books. Thank you very much.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Politics? There's no coursework.
benq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jokernaut218)
Hey guys,
I've done Physics and Pure Mathematics last year (full Alevel) and this year I'm doing another two full Alevels in Economics and Accounting. Plus, I'm doing further AS Mathematics.
1) Easy
5) Preferably an Art/Humanities subject as I want to study Economics in University.
Note: I'm not interested in Business Studies, General Studies, Critical Thinking or Languages

I would really really appreciate all suggestions and please mention their respective books. Thank you very much.
Check out Sociology and Politics. Both are relatively easy and not time consuming. Both do not have any coursework. Both are directly related to Economics.
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Found computing AS pretty easy myself. Used the wikibooks aqa computing book online almost exclusively for revision, it's free and a fantastic revision/learning tool.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jokernaut218)
Hey guys,
1) Easy

I'd agree with Politics or possibly Geography. Sociology and Psychology also have no coursework,
Jokernaut218
Rep:
?
Thank you Guys very much for your responses.

Have any of you guys taken Edexcel Government & Politics or CIE Sociology.
Could you guys please recommend books from which I can study all the necessary portion?
If possible could you give me a few more details on Geography...

Thanks once again
grassntai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know my English teacher didn't go to any of her psychology lessons and came out with an 'A' through self study.
lozasaurus99
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Easy? Go for sociology definitely!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jokernaut218
Rep:
?
Hello Guys,

I've looked into all your advice. Thanks for that.
But I have a slight problem. Being an International student, my school is a center (which only does Edexcel) and so is the British Council (which does Edexcel and CIE) . As per school policy we are not allowed to register at two centers. So if I have to register at my school itself I'll have to do an Edexcel Qualification... There is no Edexcel Qualification for Sociology which I was really keen on doing. Could you guys please give me more suggestions and advice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads