A-Levels subjects for criminology(?)

Watch
renaGr
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey, I want to study criminology next September and they told me from the uni that I have to pick three humanities subjects for A-level.I want to know which subjects can I take??!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by renaGr)
hey, I want to study criminology next September and they told me from the uni that I have to pick three humanities subjects for A-level.I want to know which subjects can I take??!! :confused::confused::confused::confused:
Sociology is a social science however it will be the closest linked subject to criminology, I'm not sure if some schools class this as a humanity.
English (lang/lit/combined)
History
Politics
Law
Teeahz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Heya, I am going to study crininology next September and the subjects I am doing for my A Levels are sociology, government and politics and philosophy and ethics. I dropped english language after AS.

Definitely choose sociology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
renaGr
Rep:
?
(Original post by EloiseStar)
Sociology is a social science however it will be the closest linked subject to criminology, I'm not sure if some schools class this as a humanity.
English (lang/lit/combined)
History
Politics
Law

thank you so much for your reply do you have any idea from where I can study those subjects?? are there any sites/links ?? or I have to buy books??
renaGr
Rep:
?
(Original post by Teeahz)
Heya, I am going to study crininology next September and the subjects I am doing for my A Levels are sociology, government and politics and philosophy and ethics. I dropped english language after AS.

Definitely choose sociology!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey you I choose law,sociology and psychology but I don't know from where I can study :/
EloiseStar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
thank you so much for your reply do you have any idea from where I can study those subjects?? are there any sites/links ?? or I have to buy books??
Study them at school? :confused:
renaGr
Rep:
?
Study them at school? :confused:

1) I finished school 2) I'm not in England
Feraligatr
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Psychology, Sociology, English Lit and Politics IMO
EloiseStar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1) I finished school 2) I'm not in England
I'm guessing there will be a self taught distance programme on the internet but you'll have to enter as an external candidate which can be pricey.
renaGr
Rep:
?
I'm guessing there will be a self taught distance programme on the internet but you'll have to enter as an external candidate which can be pricey.
so I cant find them on the web or find from somewhere the books ?
EloiseStar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
so I cant find them on the web or find from somewhere the books ?
You'll have to do the exams/coursework to achieve an a-level. Books will help but you need to pay to be entered to the exam.
renaGr
Rep:
?
You'll have to do the exams/coursework to achieve an a-level. Books will help but you need to pay to be entered to the exam.
yeah I know that I know that I have to pay to do the exams but I dont know from where I can study those subjs :s
EloiseStar
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yeah I know that I know that I have to pay to do the exams but I dont know from where I can study those subjs :s
Amazon or similar sites will do accompanying texts books for the course. The majority of content will be there but I advise to read further
renaGr
Rep:
?
Amazon or similar sites will do accompanying texts books for the course. The majority of content will be there but I advise to read further

okay thanks for your help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.85%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.69%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.08%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (39)
30%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.46%

Watched Threads